New TG-T3 won't charge

Max Schanfarber

I just bought my first EU and love it but it won't charge.  The instructions that came with it stated light on charger should turn red while charging and green when finished. It stays green and won't charge.  I bought it on ebay and seller has not responded to my 2 messages.

Anyone with same experience or knowledge of how to get it to charge?  I used it till only 1 of the 4 red lights on unit are red.

Thanks!

Does the ventilator in the charger run (loud hissing sound)? If not the charger might be broken. If possible, try with another charger, maybe in your town there are other electric unicycle owners or there is a shop. If you don't succeed you should contact Ebay because if the device was sold as functioning, you have the right to give it back and get full refund from the seller. 

Hi Scooter and thanks for you quick reply!  It make no noise at all.  It looks like a fan is inside but nothing spinning.  I live in the Virgin Islands and have yet to see a EU.  It took a month to get here so I don't want to return it if I can fix or find another charger.  I just hope it's the charger and not the unit itself??

IIRC, it wouldn't be the first time that a new charger has been found broken. Getting a replacement should be less than 20 bugs, IIRC I bought a second charger on banggood and it didn't take a month to arrive. 

I have similar problem. Just got TG-T3 for my kid's birthday and it was fine in the beginning (it charged and rode great), but now it refuses to charge. The charger just blinks red and green and does not start the fan.   

I am trying to figure out if it's charger failure or the scooter failure. Can anyone suggest what is the normal behavior of the charger, should it turn the fan on when I plug it to the wall (without connecting it to the scooter)?  

I can verify tonight when I get home, but I'm pretty sure that when my charger is "red" the fan is on, and when it achieves a full charge on the TG T3 the fan goes off as the charger indicator goes to "green".

Hopefully you can get a new charger via a quicker shipper.

For remote control cars, my son uses a charger that is capable of charging multiple batteries at once and has a display of current voltage. This might be a nice item for someone with multiple EUs or if troubleshooting a questionable battery, but these chargers cost more.

On 11/2/2015, 4:29:35, Max Schanfarber said:

HStill waiting on charger,  Is there a chance it is the battery or connection and NOT the charger?

Im worried I will let the time for filing a claim on eBay and it not being the charger.

I had the same problem then i realized you have to plug it into the unicycle a certain way. You will see if you look at the unicycle and the charger that it's supposed to go in a certain way. One end of the charger has a little groove cut out it and you have to match it up. As soon as i did that the red light came on in my charger and the fan started up. Hope this works for you.

Just got a new TG-T3 from BangGood.  Must be fresh from factory since it stinks so bad of plastics.  My charger doesn't have a fan so unless you can actually see a fan maybe there won't be a sound.  Mine is silent and charges fine. Behavior is red when unplugged from the TG-T3, red still while charging, and green when finished charging.

Thanks Niko,

Im taking it to an electrician to test and see if he can fix it. If not I'll order from Bangood.

It's alive!!

i  received another charger from bang good after five days. It shipped with only European version plug so I had to race to RadioShack to buy an adapter. After plugging it in with the adapter the light turned red and it charged very quickly. In about an hour! Thanks for all of your comments and guidance. Now I've  just got to learn to ride the damn thing! 

• 2 months later...

I am having same problem. I bought mine from Banggood.com and it was delivered on 24 December. EU not charging and no humming from charger. Light is solid green and Banggood.com technicians have informed me it is a battery issue and they will send me a replacement battery once tested.

Archived