Which Wheel? Undecided After Testing

PY ⠀

5 hours ago, Flying W said:

Wheels are classified as a schedule 1 narcotic :whistling:, you may want to consider a less expensive portable wheel for commuting (v8, 16s or mcm5 for pure excitement)  and a larger flagship wheel for weekend fun down the line. 

I came into this hobby by accident looking up scooter reviews for commuting to work.  Saw a video of chooch a yr and a half ago and immediately dropped the scooter idea. 

I bought a cheap slow toy wheel to learn on (would not recommend)  and within 2 weeks bought a 16s over a v8. 2600 trouble free miles on the 16s and I still have it. Added the large pedals too. 

Then I wanted to get an 18in.....saw @Marty Backe talking about the mcm5 (14in wheel) and bought that instead. For commuting it is perfect, the acceleration and breaking make you feel so safe when the unexpected happens. This wheel has 2700 miles it now. 

Both the 16s and mcm5 can be ridden any way you want for 18 to 20 miles and I've gone on 30 mile rides many times but you do need to stay under 20mph to get 30 miles of range. 

Now I'm wanting to go on longer rides so I'm back at it again looking for the right wheel. 

I come from a background rooted in sportbike riding for over 20 yrs. Wheeling has taken over as the go to hobby, something I thought would have been impossible. There is nothing else on earth that blends man and machine quite like a wheel!

If you really can only have one I dont think you can go wrong with the KS 18xl.  It is the jack of all trades, blending speed, range and convenience.  

If I could only have 2 wheels it be an mcm5 and MSX 100v 1845wh (1834wh?) but even then I know I'd still want a 16x and mten3 lol.....they are drugs at end of the day :innocent1:

Agree! 18XL does everything well enough.

I would love to try an MCM5 some day. Chooch made it look like a lot of fun minus the part where he lost the bottom plastic part.

Yeah we are back to that little list of wheels:

MSX 100v 2200Wh 21700 version for ultimate speed/range.
16X with CX because it's so much fun.
Mten3.

A Monster would be interesting to try, as well as a Z10.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

A Monster would be interesting to try, as well as a Z10.

The Z10 is best looking wheel ever made to me. It's a shame they stopped supporting it. 

I'd also like to try a monster. I'm an inch shorter than you. I picture myself looking like little Brandon on that wheel. 

I like watching your videos too. But my wife doesnt believe that I'm watching for the wheels :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying W said:

The Z10 is best looking wheel ever made to me. It's a shame they stopped supporting it. 

I'd also like to try a monster. I'm an inch shorter than you. I picture myself looking like little Brandon on that wheel. 

Yeah I already feel small on the Nikola. My friend Tobbe might get a Monster. Maybe me and him should just make a pact to not get the same wheels so we can lend them to each other instead.

I like watching your videos too.

Thanks! I just posted a new one... with Monika actually riding the 16X on a normal cruise/mission to buy some groceries.
She said she wants to learn how to ride. I still get some scary moments on it even after 2000km.

But my wife doesnt believe that I'm watching for the wheels :rolleyes:

Haha and sorry lol. Winter time is here now so we will be all padded up now for 6 months though.

• Like 1