Ks16x rubbing issue

Humsuplow

So I've been loving my wheel with no faults. The only issue I face is when I go off roading and when it gets muddy, the wheel tends to capture the mud and for some reason the mud just stays in the shell. So when I ride I keep getting that rubbing noise. I tried hosing the inner side to get the mud out but I'm so worried the water might get into the motherboard area. I've even used a wired hanger to remove as much mud as possible. The rubbing noise is still there.  How do you guys overcome this problem ? The shell is too close to the wide tyre I think. 

Although I already have 1000km (mostly offroad) behind me, the dirt has always fallen out by itself. But recently I was in another area where the ground contains some clay and sticks heavily. This has completely clogged the housing as you describe it and I had this grinding noise all the time and the dirt didn't come out anymore. Since I don't want to go with water I helped myself with such a brush which I put between the tyre tread and mud flap and then turned the wheel so that the brush pulls in. The whole thing several times in and out and from left to right. The same thing at the front. 

flaschenbuerste-haug-reagenzglasbuerste-

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

Fold a few leaves of kitchen towel around your tire and rotate the tire to scrub the inside of the narrow wheel well. Works really nicely and gets everything out from everywhere. Just do NOT turn on the wheel or the paper might block the tire and fry your board. Use as thick of a layer of paper as you can get in there.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1