14" Ninebot. Your thoughts?

SlowMo

Well, what to answer given everybody might have a different idea on what a 14 inches 9bot would look like. As far as I know there are no rumors about such a product line.
For 14 inches Gotway MCM v4, IPS Zero, Airwheel F3 are probably the hottest choices in the next 6 months ahead on 14 inches. Kingsong 14 inches might be another alternative.

Just how much lighter would a 14" version be I wonder - would it be that much given you still need the power of the motor and strength of the battery to give the performance we get already (albeit with the heavy carry load).

I wouldn't want to give anything away on performance and would only have a look if somehow they managed to squeeze more out of some kind of lighter offering?

23 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

Just how much lighter would a 14" version be I wonder 

Well if IPS zero has a top speed of 30kph, 40 km reach and I believe it weighs around 11KG. Therefore I'm positive that ninebot can if they want.

If the EU goes at 18 mph (28.9 kph), it is good enough for me, since personally I believe anything higher than those speeds is just dangerous. Also I feel like once battery capacities start getting to a certain point, it is just a gimmick. For example, I attempted to go on a 14 mile adventure from close to Coney Island in Brooklyn, NY to Elmhurst in Queens, NY and I ended up getting up to the Queens/Brooklyn border before I decided that my 3 remaining bars would not be enough to make it across. It was only about 11.4 miles distance that I had travel at that time, but it was in a highly urban area with pedestrians, public transporation, going on and off the sidewalk, and all of that stuff, so the battery was drained at a way faster rate than I had originally intended. Also given that the remaining piece of land between Maspeth (Brooklyn/Queens border) and Elmhurst was a dead zone for public transportation (literally no Busses or Trains), I decided to use my 3 remaining bars to ride to the nearest train station and finish my journey that way.

This goes back to what I was originally speaking about, distance. After riding those 11.4 miles in that kind of environment, My feet were definitely tired and it was kinda stressful (Note that I'm not a new rider and I have over 450 miles riding my bot, so it isn't about new-rider-fatigue-lack-of-endurance sort of thing), so for me personally, I wouldn't really go on those types of journeys, but I do use it for local commuting and I do use it during the day (But it is in breaks, meaning I could ride 3-4 miles, or 7 miles in 1 shot but in less stressful environments, going around the park, commuting from my house to parent's house, etc, but not exactly cross borough commuting Brooklyn, Queens.. for those cases I would actually just take the train and take the bot with me to ride within that borough).

So overall, I would like the battery to be big enough to last within my in-borough commuting, but I don't need it to be big enough to last for cross-borough commuting trips given that by that single long journey, I would already be tired.

Due note, there is a difference between going to a park and giving it loops until you reach 14 miles distance vs riding in traffic in a busy urban city and going 14 miles.

Archived