LesC

Swapping out Ninebot S battery (236Wh) with MiniPro battery (310Wh)

I have a Ninebot S that I have added M4M hybrid tires. I take it to the golf course and barely can make 18 holes with it and relatively flat courses, although I usually can make it. But it is surprisingly gets pretty darn close to depleting the battery. Last week, I barely got back to my car with the device beeping at me because I was at 7% battery left.

I'm hoping if I swap out the stock battery (236 Wh / 4300mAh) with a MiniPro pre-2018 battery (310 Wh / 5700mAh) that this would now comfortably get me through a round of golf. I have read a few places that I would need to use the bigger charger as well (i.e. the 63V version rather than the 59V version that comes stock with the Ninebot S), but I can get one of those.

Has anybody here had expertise in doing exactly this and getting more range? I also understand that the app may not necessarily show the right information, but as long as I get more range, I would be more than happy.

Thanks.

/LesC

Well, I guess I can answer my own question now that I received the new 310 Wh battery.

I easily finished a round of golf with about 24% battery life remaining. And that was without babying the device at all ... not feeling like I had to stay on the cart paths as much as before. The hybrid tires are a must, IMHO, if you're going to use this for golf courses.

Now, I have not received my 63V charger yet, so I only topped off my 310 Wh battery using my 59.5 V / 2.0 amp charger. But it LOOKS like I still got the full >5700mAh charge on it, and the app said I got 18.5 miles when it was fully charged. I did not measure the voltage on the battery, though. From what I've been reading in this forum, I had expected to only see the app show it being at around 4800mAh or something like that.  So, not sure if indeed I was at 5700mAh like the app said (it actually had 5723mAh at the full charge) or it was the app just "rounding up" when it really was at 80% charge. I'll try to put a volt meter on it next time, but also compare it using the 63V charger once that comes in a few weeks.

I kept checking ebay for weeks. Never had anything show up until I got lucky one day finding a seller wanting to sell a brand new one for a reasonable price. I was the highest bidder.

Never found a good 63v charger though that wasn't suspicious looking or clearly not Ninebot.  So I ended up buying from a Hong Kong vendor and willing to wait the month for delivery.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:24 PM, LesC said:

I kept checking ebay for weeks. Never had anything show up until I got lucky one day finding a seller wanting to sell a brand new one for a reasonable price. I was the highest bidder.

Never found a good 63v charger though that wasn't suspicious looking or clearly not Ninebot.  So I ended up buying from a Hong Kong vendor and willing to wait the month for delivery.

The 63V charger from More4Mini is the one you want. 

I actually ended up getting a 3rd party charger that works fine. (much cheaper than the M4M version). It perhaps may not be as reliable, but it does seem to fully charge the battery to ~63V when I need it. I use it to "top off" the charge after I have fully charged the battery using the standard 59.5V NInebot charger. So it's only plugged in for an hour or so while I can oversee it.