Clumsy newbie is used Ninebot Z10 a good idea?

Finn Bjerke

Im new to this, also Im a little clumsy   I can get a used Ninebot Z10 , local new prices is 29.000 Norwegian crowns, I can get one used for 11.000 is that a good idea for a newbie? It has driven 1000 km. What should I look for? Thx for any advice.  I try to do some ressearch on my own instead of just asking to may broad Questions.

Alternatives:
1. Buy a 2 wheeled beginners Airwheel  Q3 and learn before buying a fast moving monster learn and sell it . There is a used one dirt cheap here. 

2. Get a new one Kingsong KS 16S new version is same price as the used Z10 here is that the better alternative? 

here are the alternatives where I live:  https://e-wheels.no/butikk/enhjuling

Also a lot of used for at a fair price.... Why are they so inexpensive, is this dangerous?

PS: dangerous things can be fun... I kitesurf I have a girl friend...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Im new to this, also Im a little clumsy   I can get a used Ninebot Z10 , local new prices is 29.000 Norwegian crowns,

Wow - thats expensive! Try european online shops!

I can get one used for 11.000 is that a good idea for a newbie? It has driven 1000 km. What should I look for? Thx for any advice.  I try to do some ressearch on my own instead of just asking to may broad Questions.

Here are some topics discussing Z10 issues. Seem to be quite a few.

Alternatives:
1. Buy a 2 wheeled beginners Airwheel  Q3 and learn before buying a fast moving monster learn and sell it . There is a used one dirt cheap here. 

That's about the first wheel generation! Would not recommend it. 

2. Get a new one Kingsong KS 16S new version is same price as the used Z10 here is that the better alternative? 

The Z10 should be a much more performant wheel, but the 16S is nice. And already ~2-3 years old. Although it got some "refurbishment" ?last/this year?

here are the alternatives where I live:  https://e-wheels.no/butikk/enhjuling

So why not the nikola? "Just" 19.900 crowns and by now most probably the best/strongest new wheel.

Or KS18xl, 16x, msx 84/100v...

Nikola, 18XL and 16X are in my mind the top trio right now. MSX would be also, but the ergonomics are just bad.

Tesla, 16S (and V10F with caveats) for the (distant) second slot.

V8 (and maybe the 14” MCM5) for the third.

Other 14” wheels are the fifth category, as they are small enough to ride a bit differently, and do not handle curbs, potholes and other obstacles as well.

Z10 is on my blacklist, I can’t recommend it since the riding behaviour is erratic and they seem to have quite a few issues, even showstopper ones.

11k isn't the worst, but I'd rather get a new wheel from some of the other brands. MSX, Nikola, KS16 S/X are all great wheels.

But I would not recommend the Z10 whatsoever. The repairability is bad, and it's hard to get parts for it. Driving characteristics aside, look for something else.

Edited by Issah
  • Like 1