Scam from China?

spikes2020

Hey, 

Last week i posted about getting a new EUC and i got one from https://www.electricunicycleonline.com as many people seem to suggest that they were okay.

Well my order is still processing and haven't gotten a tracking number and its been 7 days. I emailed them and their response is to wait 2 more days... My question is this normal or should i be worried? Dealing with people in china never give me a warm feeling.

Paypal payment went to focalandroid@gmail.com and after googling that, it seemed a bit sketchy...  

Some of my search results v,v

http://www.enamestats.com/focalandroid.html

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/110227

http://freaktab.com/forum/tablet-support-android/pipo-tablets/10830-pipo-store-com-beware-of-scam-they-do-not-deliver

http://www.hotukdeals.com/ask/anyone-bought-a-phone-from-jiayu-store-com-2257054

I have ordered 2 EUs from them on 2 separate occasions and all has been just fine!  I live in the US and it typically took about a total of 21 days for them to get to my door on both occasions.  The 1st order, I received a tracking number, it took what seemed like forever before it ever updated, and by the time it updated, it was practically here!  The second time, they sent me the wrong tracking number, but my EU still got there in the correct timing I had planned according to my 1st experience.  The EUs have a lot of customs check they have to pass through and then their on their way to your door.  I'd say relax, be patient (which I know is so hard to do), and not stress too much about the communications.  I often got scripted replies in broken English stating that they'll check, sorry to trouble me, and my package is on its way.

Sooooo......to answer your question spikes2020, I'd say (from my experiences) this is normal and that you have no reason to worry.  I wouldn't expect it to get to ya until it's been about 21-22 days from when you placed your order.  Of course I guess that could very depending on your location.

If it is coming from mainland China, It will travel 2000kms to Hong Kong. That will take around 5 days by road. When it reaches customs, it will be held for clearance in about 3 to 5 working days. That is why when you get your tracking number, It will stay unrecognized for 2 to 3 days and would look like this:

Tracking Results

ShipmentCurrent StatusProductDestination Country
978376836Invalid number / data not currently available 

To go back to tracking page.

Then the tracking will start to appear and it should  travel from Hong Kong to your country. Upon arrival it will undergo the process of clearing with customs and be on it's way to you.

Lithium cannot travel by air directly from China. Don't worry.

First of the company is Singaporean.

I ordered my EU from them.  Took 3 weeks to get to me in Hong Kong.  Which is a long time considering geographically we are not that far away from each other.  Paypal payments can take 10 days to clear in some cases.  Until it does your order will sit in their warehouse awaiting dispatch. 

If it is coming from mainland China, It will travel 2000kms to Hong Kong. That will take around 5 days by road. When it reaches customs, it will be held for clearance in about 3 to 5 working days. That is why when you get your tracking number, It will stay unrecognized for 2 to 3 days and would look like this:

Tracking Results

ShipmentCurrent StatusProductDestination Country
978376836Invalid number / data not currently available 

To go back to tracking page.

Then the tracking will start to appear and it should  travel from Hong Kong to your country. Upon arrival it will undergo the process of clearing with customs and be on it's way to you.

Lithium cannot travel by air directly from China. Don't worry.

First of the company is Singaporean.

I ordered my EU from them.  Took 3 weeks to get to me in Hong Kong.  Which is a long time considering geographically we are not that far away from each other.  Paypal payments can take 10 days to clear in some cases.  Until it does your order will sit in their warehouse awaiting dispatch. 

You know this kind of thing is good information.  Maybe if the Moderators agree then someone could do a comprehensive write-up on all of the types of delays and their approximate durations (like you guys did above) and then make it a Sticky post (with a title that will grab newbie's attention).  I knew about the air travel concerns but I didn't know about the 10 day Paypal delay, etc.

It is normal and at good condition,man. Cause the EUS with big battery. So it is dangerous for shipping and will have lots of inspect before they are on plane. And after they arrive  the USA custom it will take some days to clear custom. So it is common take 10-15 working days to ship a EUS from China to US. Don't worry, be patient.

I didn't buy from them.  I used a different seller.  But my stress was the same.  I called Paypal and found out how long I had to safely file a claim and get my money back.  I told them I didn't want to file, not wanting to unnecessarily hassle the seller.   It was over 100 days!  So I set back and gave them time.  It was about 20 days from order to my door.

You could call PayPal and ask as I did if it will make you feel better.   

Thanks, this really eases my worries... Its hard wait for so long when we are use to 2 day free shipping here in the states...

Thanks again!~

spikes

You know this kind of thing is good information.  Maybe if the Moderators agree then someone could do a comprehensive write-up on all of the types of delays and their approximate durations (like you guys did above) and then make it a Sticky post (with a title that will grab newbie's attention).  I knew about the air travel concerns but I didn't know about the 10 day Paypal delay, etc.

I like this idea but also a list of approved websites with expected shipping times or average shipping times.... That way new people like me can have warm fuzzies when ordering something from china.

They will send you the unicycle, I've also bought a tablet from focalandroid, without no problems. The tablet side of the support is honest and quick from what I can tell. However expect very slow responses from the support for unicycles if you have problems with your unicycle.

Also worth knowing about the tracking number is that for me the link provided (if you login on the site to review your order) showed invalid tracking number.. Though when I asked support about it they sent me a link which worked, so don't get a heart attack if you tracking number doesn't work.. They ship by a lot of different companies and you need to input the tracking number at the correct company's site. The "auto-detect" sites for tracking numbers didn't work for me...

I have bought several gadgets over the past years in China (Banggood, Tinydeal). Yes, it may take some time. But people are very friendly and I never had a problem so far.

Here is a clear example. The item tracking moved only after 5 days upon clearing with customs and the  package is now on its way. :)

Shipment History
Activity
Kowloon Office, Hong Kong
10/26/2015 10:26:00 AM
Received at Origin Facility
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
10/21/2015 1:58:00 PM
Data received.
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
10/21/2015 1:58:00 PM
Record Created

Thanks everyone for not letting my paranoia get a hold of me. I got a tracking number and its in the states, 2 days out!

I created a page that was recommended above and i hope to populate it and eventually get it stickied... if everyone likes it.

Link

If you can post the information i will populate the list. 

Thanks 

Spikes

Archived