Different version of Gotway MSuper X motherboard

Wasimodo

16 minutes ago, Wasimodo said:

Hola, ¿puedes reemplazar una placa base con una versión diferente?

I have broken the 84V motherboard and I bought another 84V, but the one that came to me is different from mine. It is from MSuper X, but the connections are somewhat different and the transformer of my motherboard is yellow ........... the one that has arrived to me is black and the winding looks a bit. My question is whether it is MSX 84v, can I connect it equally or .............. if the connection is the same, do the lights work differently or do not work or something like that?

23 minutes ago, Wasimodo said:

I have broken the 84V motherboard and I bought another 84V, but the one that came to me is different from mine. It is from MSuper X, but the connections are somewhat different and the transformer of my motherboard is yellow ........... the one that has arrived to me is black and the winding looks a bit. My question is whether it is MSX 84v, can I connect it equally or .............. if the connection is the same, do the lights work differently or do not work or something like that?

Imo (have no GW experience beside what i've read here) GW has "fluid" model changes... Motherboards, motors ... Some major changes could get new version numbers, but inbetween there are not "known" changes (?to keep their stock low?)

Could be that they use the same newest motherboards series for all their wheels with different firmwares on it, so they fit the different motor/battery combinations?

So - maybe it works out, maybe not. Can your motherboard/wheel reseller help?

Maybe asking GW directly could help?

Or an experience member?

21 hours ago, MadInMad said:

No hay problema para reemplazar la versión anterior por la nueva, lo hice hace solo un mes. Las conexiones son casi iguales. Sin embargo, el comportamiento de la luz cambiará un poco, para mejor creo.

For me the problem is that I don't know which one is the new one and which one is the old one. My motherboard has the square transformer, yellow and several connectors (connection for 1 usb). The motherboard that I want to connect, the transformer is round, black and has more connectors than the other motherboard (connection for 2 usb).
I have connected it according to the scheme and practically they are the same connections, it seems that everything works well, the balance, front light, battery% indicator, rear position light, stop light and direction indicator light. But the strip of front and rear LEDs do not work as before ......... The two rear LEDs are always red even if the mode changes. When I change the mode of the LEDs, only the front LEDs change, the back ones do not change color or intermittently ....... the two rear red and fixed LEDs always remain ....... ..............this is normal?

I have mounted the wheel inside the house to test and it seems that everything works fine, when the temperature has risen the fan has started. It has been connected with the gotway application and also with Wheelog without problems, I tested it in a vacuum and the maximum speed alarm sounds and cuts when appropriate.
The only problem is that when you turn on the wheel, the 2 rear LEDs always stay on and always red.
The 2 front LEDs if you can change the mode, flashing, fixed or off, but there is also red always on the last 2 below while the top if responding to the mode change.
So when I put the mode off of the LEDs. Always keep the 2 rear LEDs full (from top to bottom) lit and red and in the 2 LEDs on the front it stays all off (from top to almost bottom) minus 2 red lights that stay on the part down.

On 19/9/2019 at 21:49, MadInMad said:

Bueno, creo que tengo el mismo comportamiento dirigido que tú, pero me gusta. En Suecia, debe tener una luz de fondo roja intermitente para que sea legal (por las noches), por lo que, en mi opinión, esta es una característica positiva.

In my case the 2 rear LEDs the light if it is red, but not flashing. It also does not give me the option to turn them off, as long as the wheel is on the red lights are on.
And in the front LEDs, the bottom part only shows the color red and is not intermittent, however the rest of the LED if all the colors are visible and are intermittent (in the same LED the non-flashing red comes out and also the rest of colors but they are intermittent and occurs in the 2 front LEDs). I don't know, it's very weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, mrelwood said:

Rear leds showing red at all times sounds a lot like they have been plugged in one of the USB connectors on the board. The new layout is a bit different:

940D721E-4D0D-4186-8607-8C0E9266EC0C.thumb.jpeg.d220e9a34fd81e2054ffaeab7da25a43.jpeg

Any idea what those connectors are called and where to find the appropriate cables? My new board came with the 3 connectors for yellow-blue-green as shown in this picture, but no cables, whereas the old one had the cables soldered in.

1 hour ago, Benoît Brummer said:

Any idea what those connectors are called and where to find the appropriate cables? My new board came with the 3 connectors for yellow-blue-green as shown in this picture, but no cables, whereas the old one had the cables soldered in.

The three thick cables are the ones that go directly to the motor. You can’t buy the cables separately, unless you disassemble the motor and purchase raw cable by the metre.

The MSX never had soldered motor cables, perhaps your wheel is an older Msuper?

19 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The three thick cables are the ones that go directly to the motor. You can’t buy the cables separately, unless you disassemble the motor and purchase raw cable by the metre.

The MSX never had soldered motor cables, perhaps your wheel is an older Msuper?

It's a Tesla, new board came with the connector shown (that picture is the only one I've seen on the internet so far).

Thank you. I might have to buy a new motor anyway, I noticed that my cable is burned by the connector on the motor side and I don't know if that means the motor is likely damaged (I've seen reports that the HAL sensor goes with it. Unfortunately I can't test easily without the connector in question, but I will bring it to an electronics store and see if they can wire it up properly.

Edited by Benoît Brummer

I don’t know the construction of the Tesla, so I really can’t advise one way or the other. But if the motor cable has burned from somewhere, it is possibly damaged inside the motor or the axle as well. In my mind a new motor would be worth it’s price, just from lowering the risk of personal injury down the road. Literally.

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I don’t know the construction of the Tesla, so I really can’t advise one way or the other. But if the motor cable has burned from somewhere, it is possibly damaged inside the motor or the axle as well. In my mind a new motor would be worth it’s price, just from lowering the risk of personal injury down the road. Literally.

Good point. I'm ordering a new motor, thank you.

• Like 1