Help me Decide

RyGuy83

Just wanted to get a little feedback/help from the experts on here. I have been researching/doing my homework on these EUC for months and months now,trying to find the best one for my need and money. Just want to put this out there first before i ask my questions,thank you guys for all the info on this site. I just came across it tonight and in 20min i have gained more knowledge than this whole time ive been looking myself :-P ...

To basically sum it up i have narrowed it down to a few of them. In no particular order: Ninebot One E+,King Song 14" 500w 340wh,IPS T350+,and the IPS Zero 14"(260watt).

I know the King Songs are on pre-order,and scheduled to ship by nov10th,but they say delays may occur. Even if there isnt a delay thats atleast a month waiting time. I could wait really,but by then (i live in NJ) its gonna be getting pretty cold outside here. I dont mind the wait if you guys think this King Song 14" will be worth it,as imo i think it just might be...

The Ninebot One E+ i seriously (had the card out) was about to order earlier tonight,when i had stopped for another 'round of last minute research' and had the idea to look for EUC forums for more info/answers. Boy am i glad i didnt order,bc im crazy about knowing EVERY single product there is in whatever it is im buying at that time. No matter it be computers,cars,tvs,guitars,etc.etc. I just have this problem where i need to know all my options possible. If i ordered that ninebot,got it home only to then find another different brand euc that i really like better a week later,it would eat me alive. Im sure the main question to help you guys help me figure out the right one is.... where i plan on riding it. I live across the street from a extremely long hiking/walking trail,some of it is blacktop and some hard pressed dirt. Mostly im just looking to take it exploring off that trail and down/up some hard packed dirt paths. Couple trips to the grocery store or pizza place. No more than 8-10mi round trips,and thats prob overkill for me. Im 5'10" and 155pds. Also as childish as this seems,im really looking to try and get the one with the best top end speed/acceleration. Not as much bc all i care about is going fast,its just spending $1k on a unicycle,im gonna make sure one of the ones i purchase has good top speed bc in the long wrong i know if went with something slower eventually im going to want to upgrade...better off getting the whole package in one shot. 

So any recommendations as to which one you guys would suggest is for me? Kinda leaning right now towards these IPS Zeros(14") Fuck for $150 less than the E+ and T350+ and over $200 less than the King Song. You still get 30km top speed,800w motor and 260w battery which would prob be just fine for me. Then again when i wake up tomorrow itll be the Ninebot or King Song again, uggghh,i hate making these hard ass decisions i never feel like i make the right one. Its like i always go back and fuck with myself " ahhh maybe you should gotten the bla bla bla in stead of the bla bla bla" LOL.

~Ry

(EDIT: Sorry mods,i forgot i was in the Review section when i clicked to start a thread. Move to wherever you please,but in the process please help me out with your opinion,thanks)

Moving to general discussion...

To basically sum it up i have narrowed it down to a few of them. In no particular order: Ninebot One E+,King Song 14" 500w 340wh,IPS T350+,and the IPS Zero 14"(260watt).

I know the King Songs are on pre-order,and scheduled to ship by nov10th,but they say delays may occur. Even if there isnt a delay thats atleast a month waiting time. I could wait really,but by then (i live in NJ) its gonna be getting pretty cold outside here. I dont mind the wait if you guys think this King Song 14" will be worth it,as imo i think it just might be...

AFAIK, the 500W 14" King Song has been available for quite some time, the 14" 800W version is also available now. It's the 16" model that should be coming out next. Or did you mean that there are delays in shipping from China in general?

I think there have been some problems with the Zeros (release/shipping delays & at least one burnt mainboard), the wheel is still new, so not completely "refined" yet. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new 16" models from King Song & Gotway, but don't see the point in getting a new one against the winter, and also I'd expect that by spring the "early adopters" have found out the kinks & the new models are more thoroughly tested & problems are fixed by then. ;) 

No more than 8-10mi round trips,and thats prob overkill for me. Im 5'10" and 155pds. Also as childish as this seems,im really looking to try and get the one with the best top end speed/acceleration. Not as much bc all i care about is going fast,its just spending $1k on a unicycle,im gonna make sure one of the ones i purchase has good top speed bc in the long wrong i know if went with something slower eventually im going to want to upgrade...better off getting the whole package in one shot. 

Probably the fastest wheels are the Gotway MSuper High Speed (around 40km/h top speed) and the up-coming 1100W 18" King Song (no idea on the top speed), but they're both 18" wheels and heavier compared to others (Around 18kg with biggest batteries?). Not sure on the top speed for the 14" 800W King Song, could be above 30km/? 14" might be a tad small for real off-road conditions, the larger tires handle potholes, rocks, roots and bumps better.

As for batteries, even if you don't do long trips, more packs means more sustained and maximum power (also lessens the risk of voltage-related cut-outs, as more packs can handle more output without the voltage dropping too much), so probably still a good idea to go with larger battery sizes if you plan on riding fast and in circumstances which require high torque. Usually, 264-420Wh = 2 packs (2 * 132Wh ... 2* 210Wh), 528Wh and above are usually done with 4 packs  (4 * 132Wh ... 4 * 210Wh), MSupers with 850Wh batteries actually have 5 packs. It does add up to the weight though (about 0.75kg per pack). The numbers don't always "add up" because the manufacturers round them somewhat, like 260Wh is usually in reality 264Wh = 2 * 132Wh, 680Wh = 696Wh in reality = 174Wh * 4 etc., they just calculate with rounded 130Wh or 170Wh per pack. The largest single packs are usually 192Wh (3.2Ah cells) or 210Wh (3.5Ah cells), but don't know if you any factory provides such batteries, might need to order customized if you want to go there (the larger cells are more expensive). But as you don't care so much for range, more of lesser capacity packs would (probably, depending on the cell specs) be better than fewer large packs anyway.

With the weather getting colder, the batteries won't last as long, because the voltage will drop faster when the packs are cold. Also raises the risk of voltage-related cut-out (overdischarge protection triggering), especially when more output is drawn from the packs (acceleration/hill climbing/sudden bump requiring high torque to keep balanced). More packs helps here also, but depending on how cold it is (below freezing temperatures), you might need some sort of temperature-controlled heating system to keep the batteries warm (but not too hot ;)). Some BMSs (Battery Management System, the circuit board handling battery balancing/charging/protections) also have temperature protections, which could power off the wheel if the temperature drops too low / raises too much (typical values I've seen have been something like -10C ... +70C).

Just wanted to get a little feedback/help from the experts on here. I have been researching/doing my homework on these EUC for months and months now,trying to find the best one for my need and money. Just want to put this out there first before i ask my questions,thank you guys for all the info on this site. I just came across it tonight and in 20min i have gained more knowledge than this whole time ive been looking myself :-P ...

Hi RyGuy,

Where in NJ are you located? I'm also in NJ, live in Little Ferry which is in Bergen county and less than 10 minutes from Giants stadium. I distribute the Gotway MSuper2 18 680wh, a cheap generic started EU, and will have IPS Zero 340Wh (whenever they decide to ship). I also have plans to stock the new MCM4's shortly. Happy to help you narrow down your choices and if you want to see/test any of the wheels I have in my personal stock, you're more than welcome to. I also have a relationship with Gotway so I can also custom order any of their wheels that I don't carry. Please PM for more info, thanks and welcome to the EU community!

John

All technology-related purchases have the 'next big thing' issue - buy something today and no doubt, another product that is better gets introduced shortly thereafter...

Just buy the one that you believes suits your needs TODAY, and enjoy it!

You can't go wrong with any of these brands, but obviously there are better choices vs others.

Multi-terrain and top speed performance? That screams 18" (Gotway MSuper2 / King Song KS-18); you'll have to be more careful plotting your path on a 14" for serious off-roading. But it doesn't sound like you'll be driving in mudslides or similar, so they will all handle the terrain to varying degrees.

On a performance level, I think it is overall agreed that Gotway and King Song are the leaders. Riding top speeds on an 800W+ EUC on ~340wh or smaller battery (Ninebot P, IPS T350, IPS Zero), you will probably burn through the battery very quickly, plus this gets compounded with hills and extreme temperatures. Remember that most these companies are listing mileage range values that are a bit optimistic. (I think these batteries are small so they obey airline standards)

Another consideration is tiltback. I sold my Ninebot E+ (for a King Song 18"), mainly due to the combination of not enough speed and sudden, severe tiltback; personally felt it to feel unsafe and affected how I used to ride it (constant braking after acceleration). The King Song tiltback signature is much more gradual, and Gotway is just starting to implement tiltback on their new MCM4, so the jury is out on this. I'm not sure about the IPS line for tiltback.

Great comments here, and tend to agree that at the end of the day if "offroading" is going to be your main reqson for owning one then, power and maybe a more "open" wheel casing and speed may be the way to go.

i live in Melbourne CBD, centre of town, my riding will only ever be around reasonably flat city streets - I therefore decided last week on a 9BO e+ for my needs.

just feel in love with the look of it, and the reviews on the whole for my requirements were more than enough for me to decide to go that way.

im sure you will make the right decision, but understand that technology NEVER stands still, so what you buy today will in 6 mths time most probably be passed by newer, better models - just pull the trigger and do it, you'll be fine.

Thank you everyone for opinions and help. I have pretty much narrowed it down to either getting a T350+ or MCM4. I dont really want to go any bigger than a 16" wheel and tbh i'd much rather have a smaller wheel. Which is the reason why i just might go MCM4. I wont be going far at all,just for some fun around town and down some bike paths,some being hard dirt trails. I think i could get away with a 14". Having said all of that i also agree with ESAJ on the fact that its prob smarter to wait until after holiday season to order. By then everything and then some will be worked out. I was giving that much thought,seems smart but the 2 im looking into right now are no slouches. Soo idk,i just gotta sleep on it for a couple days i guess.

~ Thank you all again.

-Ry

Hi RyGuy,

Where in NJ are you located? I'm also in NJ, live in Little Ferry which is in Bergen county and less than 10 minutes from Giants stadium. I distribute the Gotway MSuper2 18 680wh, a cheap generic started EU, and will have IPS Zero 340Wh (whenever they decide to ship). I also have plans to stock the new MCM4's shortly. Happy to help you narrow down your choices and if you want to see/test any of the wheels I have in my personal stock, you're more than welcome to. I also have a relationship with Gotway so I can also custom order any of their wheels that I don't carry. Please PM for more info, thanks and welcome to the EU community!

John

Hey john,im in Monmouth/Matawan. Not to far from you about 20min, i commute to NYC for work anyways. Thank you for reaching out and trying to help me purchase one of these awesome euc's. Right now i havent made up my mind(what else is new..)and might put on hold on ordering until march-april. Well see. Do you have pricing on the MCM4's and when your expecting them? Can message me about it. 

thanks john,ttyl.

-Ry

Archived