Shipping_My_V10F_Questions

GreenWheel

Hello everyone. I'm shipping my V10F home so I can ride on vacation in Texas. I may be shipping my wheel quite a bit from now on. Does anyone have some  kind of (SOP) 'standard operating procedure' for shipping 50 lbs of sweet precious EUC. Like the carrier do you use most often,safest, packaging options and general cost etc. I've got a few weeks so it's not a rush shipment but I don't want to be without my wheel for two weeks lol.  Thank you all in advance. Greenwheelz(Eric)

• 2 weeks later...

I've shipped across country a few times now. I've long lost the EUC box; I just carefully tape a square box over the power button, wrap the wheel in a few uhaul towels, and send it off without much concern.

TAPE over the power button. For God's sakes make sure it can't come on during shipping. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, LanghamP said:

I've shipped across country a few times now. I've long lost the EUC box; I just carefully tape a square box over the power button, wrap the wheel in a few uhaul towels, and send it off without much concern.

TAPE over the power button. For God's sakes make sure it can't come on during shipping. 

Hi @LanghamP so when you ship, do you disclose what is in the box?  Do they give you any issues with the type and size of the batteries?

2 hours ago, JonnyBonz said:

Hi @LanghamP so when you ship, do you disclose what is in the box?  Do they give you any issues with the type and size of the batteries?

I haven't yet, but I also check the "hazardous materials" box. Lithium batteries are dangerous.

I just shipped two wheels today, and I taped over the power buttons. I'm paranoid about that since I've had runaway wheels twice, once in my car and once in a shopping cart.