2019 Inmotion V8 (Solowheel Glide)

KingOsmos

The Inmotion Global Facebook page just teased a new version of the V8 (Solowheel Glide 3). They claim it is going to be more powerful and faster. It will probably also have a larger battery, I assume that from the teasing quote: "Moonbathing the v8, I just need to get more energy. New v8 coming soon, faster, and more powerful."

I got a V8 in January 2019 and absolutely love it, it is a great wheel in everything but range and perhaps top speed. I do not mind the top speed as much because I take the V8 into more crowded places and I use the MSX for everything else.

What are your thoughts on the V8? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOsmos said:

What are your thoughts on the V8? 

I like it and this is good news. I just got one in June as a secondary wheel to keep in my car and going for errands. Put the V10 pedals on it also. It has all the features except speed and power. A welcome update, nothing else really wrong about it. Of course not a flagship product but it serves well this price point. Probably won’t be more range and honestly it doesn’t need it. It’s not meant to go for long rides, there are better wheels for that. It’s best feature is weight and better to keep it that way. Price would be higher also, I hope they keep it at that 800 € price point. 

18 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I like it and this is good news. I just got one in June as a secondary wheel to keep in my car and going for errands. Put the V10 pedals on it also. It has all the features except speed and power. A welcome update, nothing else really wrong about it. Of course not a flagship product but it serves well this price point. Probably won’t be more range and honestly it doesn’t need it. It’s not meant to go for long rides, there are better wheels for that. It’s best feature is weight and better to keep it that way. Price would be higher also, I hope they keep it at that 800 € price point. 

You are spot on. I think it would be nice if it rivaled the Gotway MCM5 which has an 800wh battery and a 1500W motor although the MCM5 is more expensive. But perhaps 600wh or so and a 1200W motor would be a very nice upgrade.

1 hour ago, KingOsmos said:

But perhaps 600wh or so and a 1200W motor would be a very nice upgrade.

Yeah. 1200W motor is a minimum. They might be able to up the battery to 640wh by switching to better cells and without adding any weight. But they already mentioned it here that the battery will be the same. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Yeah. 1200W motor is a minimum. They might be able to up the battery to 640wh by switching to better cells and without adding any weight. But they already mentioned it here that the battery will be the same. 

Damn, some people even made a 1000wh battery for the V8 thats great. I am a little disappointed with Inmotion that they teased with a new product and it turned out to be a Segway like vehicle. Inmotion really has to step their game up to remain relevant in the market.

• 1 month later...