Video editing question: How do you overlay speedometer from wheelog logs?

chrisjunlee

Ha ha... That is one of the things that I have on my ridiculously long "stuff I want to do list."

The rabbit-holes that I have gone down when I have started playing all point to using Adobe After Effects to create a dynamic graphic layer that you then place back into Premiere Pro.

Unfortunately though, I haven't had a chance to actually progress the idea beyond that (yet).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ha ha... That is one of the things that I have on my ridiculously long "stuff I want to do list."

The rabbit-holes that I have gone down when I have started playing all point to using Adobe After Effects to create a dynamic graphic layer that you then place back into Premiere Pro.

Unfortunately though, I haven't had a chance to actually progress the idea beyond that (yet).

Making one from scratch is a rabbit hole indeed 🐰

14 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

I'm a newb when it comes to editing. Is that a good way to go about it? 

Dashware does let you merge data into a dashboard - though I can't recall if it can take an input from WheelLog. 

It also merges it - I think I once put it onto a black background so I could add it back into Premiere Pro as a separate layer. 

But it is free, so play around and see what you think!

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Dashware does let you merge data into a dashboard - though I can't recall if it can take an input from WheelLog. 

It also merges it - I think I once put it onto a black background so I could add it back into Premiere Pro as a separate layer. 

But it is free, so play around and see what you think!

It supports tons of formats, and you can add your own.

17 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

It supports tons of formats, and you can add your own.

So you have a solution then... even if you overlay it onto a transparent backgound (to maintain the quality of your original)...

It's better than waiting for me to find time to make my AF version - though the "needle" in my speedometer was is going to be a little EUC rider that leaned over more and more based on the speed...   :D

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist