Opinions on the Kingsong 14s as a first euc.

Matt3726

I wanted opinions on the kingsong 14s. I found a used and in good condition 14s . I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts. It would be my first wheel.  I currently ride a boosted around town.

Thanks for any advice 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That was my first choice. A year later I still ride it. Getting a used wheel to start out is always a good idea. And I personally think it is easier to go from a small wheel to a big wheel. Smaller wheels are harder to learn on but makes it easier to hop on any wheel

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

you can go to my profile and see my thoughts on the 14S but to sum it up is is an extremely well built, very fun and capable wheel with excellent range for its size,, whether or not you would decide to upgrade or not in the near future would depend on your usage scenario but were talking something likely twice the price to make an upgrade worth it.. it is definitely not imo an underpowered wheel in any way that you would feel the need to rid yourself of, for its small size all of its specs are very respectable and it is a super comfortable wheel... if you found one for a good price you wanted as a first EUC i would definitely say go for it, i love mine it is super portable and convenient and the fact i can go 50 km on mine and still be at 50% battery resting is mind blowing

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt3726 said:

Would $600 be a fare price? It looks in really good shape?

you can always make an offer but if its in good shape and confirmed working order absolutely thats a good price.. do you know how many km on it?

3 minutes ago, Matt3726 said:

Would $600 be a fare price? It looks in really good shape?

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

do you know how many km on it?

KS wheels reset their kilometer counter with many/some firmware updates - so reported total km can be way off...

And you should look if it still can be charged up to around 67.2V.

Just now, Chriull said:

KS wheels reset their kilometer counter with many/some firmware updates - so reported total km can be way off...

really? interesting, thats news to me xD none of mine have ever done that, hopefully hes honest then haha.. good advice on the battery though, is it a local sale or you found it online? if online ask him for screen caps of the statistics and voltage etc and perhaps a short video of it rolling back and forth and extending the trolley handle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

really? interesting, thats news to me xD none of mine have ever done that, hopefully hes honest then haha

Could have been somethe very first updates with my 16S. Or i mixed it up and it was just with the 16B. There most of the firmware updates reseted the counter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

you can go to my profile and see my thoughts on the 14S but to sum it up is is an extremely well built, very fun and capable wheel with excellent range for its size,, whether or not you would decide to upgrade or not in the near future would depend on your usage scenario but were talking something likely twice the price to make an upgrade worth it.. it is definitely not imo an underpowered wheel in any way that you would feel the need to rid yourself of, for its small size all of its specs are very respectable and it is a super comfortable wheel... if you found one for a good price you wanted as a first EUC i would definitely say go for it, i love mine it is super portable and convenient and the fact i can go 50 km on mine and still be at 50% battery resting is mind blowing

29 minutes ago, Chriull said:

32 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

you can always make an offer but if its in good shape and confirmed working order absolutely thats a good price.. do you know how many km on it?

I seen a photo of full green lights on the side. It was purchased from ewheels and comes with a fast charger and new wrist guards for $700....it looks in near perfect shape....good deal?

6 minutes ago, Matt3726 said:

I seen a photo of full green lights on the side. It was purchased from ewheels and comes with a fast charger and new wrist guards for $700....it looks in near perfect shape....good deal?

700? you said 600 before.. 600 is a great deal, 700 is still good if it has zero damage.. the fast charger is great though thats worth 100 bucks right there, wrist guards are worthless to even mention.. but the green lights are less than useless in determining the state of the battery, each light indicates roughly 14% lol you need to get a screen capture of the current voltage to determine if the battery is still in top shape.. ask how long ago it was purchased, and if still within warranty both of you should email jason with details and your information and see if he will let you swap the warranty..

Edited by Rywokast

2 minutes ago, Matt3726 said:

They sent 3 videos it seemed to be working fine. And 600 was my offer and they offered $700 and the fast charger....

seems like a good deal to me

33 minutes ago, Matt3726 said:

I'm going to take a look at the wheel tomorrow. What app do I use to check everything? I figured I could connect to it my self.  How do I connect to the wheel and what should I look for?

just search kingsong in whatever app store on your phone it will be the first one.. you can also use darknessbot on ios or wheellog on android... tell him to fully charge it.. check in the app to see that the voltage is over 67 besides that just make sure to check out the wheel physically, lift up the handle and trolley it while its on, then lower it and turn it off and pick up the wheel to make sure the mechanism is working fine, then just check for physical damage, check for cracks in the pedals, check that the rim is not dented, usual stuff.. it will be very obvious how to connect in whatever app you get but obviously he would know how too and can show you

2 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

I strongly advise you to get a 16 inch wheel (V8, Ks16s etc.).  How tall and heavy are you?

V8 has the same motor but half the battery... KS16S is a slight upgrade but not as portable, both perform quite similarly.. unless hes over 200 lbs theres no reason to toss out the idea of a 14", theyre great fun.. besides that youre not going to find something better for near this price, thats a great deal

13 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

V8 has the same motor but half the battery... KS16S is a slight upgrade but not as portable, both perform quite similarly.. unless hes over 200 lbs theres no reason to toss out the idea of a 14", theyre great fun.. besides that youre not going to find something better for near this price, thats a great deal

That's why I asked him how heavy he is.  Also, getting a 16 inch now will probably make him hang with it for a longer time.  Personally, I think the 16 inches wheels are the sweet spot (even for advanced riders).

34 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

That's why I asked him how heavy he is.  Also, getting a 16 inch now will probably make him hang with it for a longer time.  Personally, I think the 16 inches wheels are the sweet spot (even for advanced riders).

I agree

1 hour ago, Gustesta said:

My riding weight would be around 160lbs at the most . That's my weight plus backpack. 

1 hour ago, Matt3726 said:

My riding weight would be around 160lbs at the most . That's my weight plus backpack. 

14 inch is Ok for you.  But after you learn, you'll want a 16 inch (and faster).

The 14s is an excellent wheel with very fast acceleration.  But it doesn't have a very high top speed.

The 14s is a good choice, but the V8 or the KS16s are the way to go with you want to hang on longer with the wheel.

I think you can find cheap used V8s and you may buy a protection for its shell.

Also, the thinner the tire, the harder to learn.  The 14s has a thinner tire than the 16 inches I named above.

Larger tires are better for imperfections on the road.  If you were going to commute with it, go to the 16 inch.

Edited by Gustesta

20 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

14 inch is Ok for you.  But after you learn, you'll want a 16 inch (and faster).

The 14s is an excellent wheel with very fast acceleration.  But it doesn't have a very high top speed.

The 14s is a good choice, but the V8 or the KS16s are the way to go with you want to hang on longer with the wheel.

I think you can find cheap used V8s and you may buy a protection for its shell.

Also, the thinner the tire, the harder to learn.  The 14s has a thinner tire than the 16 inches I named above.

Larger tires are better for imperfections on the road.  If you were going to commute with it, go to the 16 inch.

the only wheel with a thinner tire than 2.125 is the ninebot one at 1.95, otherwise all of these are 2.125.. also the v8 and 14s have the same top sped of 30 kph.. j/s.. yes it is true that 16 inchers are better all rounders but there's nothing I can do on any other wheel that I wouldn't do on a 14" if you could find one for the same price I would say go for the 16 for sure, but that's a really good price on the 14s I don't think you'll be able to find a better deal

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

I got the 14s yesterday and it looks in really good shape.  Some minor scuffs and scratches but nothing major. And the wheel holds balance when its turned on. But I can't get it to connect to the kingsong app. I want to be able to change the lights and other settings. I'm on Android is there another app I can use to adjust settings and lights? Or is there a way to do things manually?

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it. 

20190820_113813.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt3726 said:

I got the 14s yesterday and it looks in really good shape.  Some minor scuffs and scratches but nothing major. And the wheel holds balance when its turned on. But I can't get it to connect to the kingsong app. I want to be able to change the lights and other settings. I'm on Android is there another app I can use to adjust settings and lights? Or is there a way to do things manually?

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it. 

20190820_113813.jpg

sweet, doesn't look too shabby.. uhh no you have to use the kingsong app unfortunately,, it doesn't connect though that's weird, do you see it come up in the bluetooth menu at all?