Ride the lights BLACKPOOL 2019 meet up

stephen

So guys ride the lights at Blackpool 

27th August 7pm till 10pm 

I'll probly be there before that will give details of meeting point nearer time

Excellent night ride along the prom and beyond, the prom is closed off to all cars so bicycles and other wheeled devices  allowed to travel along the Illuminations only,

get dressed up wear as many illuminated lights as possible great atmosphere ,i think they was 6 Euc's last year let's make it more this year 👍👍👍

@Gasmantle @Juggler @PogArt Artur  can't think of names 😁😁 anyone in UK who want a good day out 👍👍👍

Screenshot-20190816-111346-com-android-c
Screenshot-20190816-111413-com-android-c
Screenshot-20190816-111545-com-android-c
Screenshot-20190816-111430-com-android-c
Screenshot-20190816-111443-com-android-c

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
2 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks @stephenI'd be interested in that.

At the moment I'm wheeless as I'm letting a friend borrow my V5F for a few days as he may want to buy it and I'm looking to upgrade to a KS18XL shortly :)

It would be nice if you'd come with your KS 18XL 😁😁😁

So you've made decision for that EUC then?

Good for you 🙂

2 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

It would be nice if you'd come with your KS 18XL 😁😁😁

So you've made decision for that EUC then?

Good for you 🙂

Hi R2,

I've just noticed the date of the event is only just over a week away so I'm afraid I won't have a new wheel by then and sadly I'll have to give it a miss this year.

On the positive side my friend has agreed to buy my V5F, so now that I'm officially wheelless it's prompted me to treat myself to an upgrade very soon.

I'm pretty much set on the KS18XL - it seems to have the range I want and a bit more speed that I want.

With a bit of luck once I have a wheel with more range I'll be able to join you and  @stephenagain 

1 hour ago, Gasmantle said:

I'm pretty much set on the KS18XL - it seems to have the range I want and a bit more speed that I want

More than a bit lol . More like 45 miles more range 😁😁👍

7 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

That would be great to meet up there !

Thanks for letting us know @stephen 😁

It looks very interesting, never been joining this event yet 🙂

Are you going r2?

Guest PogArt Artur
10 minutes ago, stephen said:

Are you going r2?

You know that I've started 6 dpw (days per week) shifts since June, I'm struggling to rest properly, don't know how long I'll carry on this, as it's affecting my private life drastically.

Since June I have only two days off per month.

I'm willing to go to Blackpool, but it is down to two matters - if my shift will finish early enough, to let me get to Blackpool on time, and secondly what time I'm starting the next day's shift.

I might be lucky,and have a day off too 🙂

I'll be in touch. 

Guest PogArt Artur
2 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

With a bit of luck once I have a wheel with more range I'll be able to join you and  @stephenagain 

I'm glad to hear you've found somebody to get the V5F off you 🙂

I know you were consider to keep it, but at the end of the day why would you keep two wheels, if the KS 18XL will do much more for you anyway...

I know there's other reasons to keep the old wheel, I'm just saying 🙂

If you read my answer to Stephen's post you'll know I'm struggling with my private life very badly, since I'm working 6 days per week.

It's a big unknown whether I'll manage to go to Blackpool because of the fact above.

The shifts on the buses are mixed and very random, which is affecting my free time.

I need to rebuild my finances, therefore all those efforts are taken on my chest...

I promise to meet you and Stephen when you will be ready with your upgraded wheel Peter 🙂

Good luck buying it for friendly price 🙂 

It's a pain being without a wheel and I'm already suffering withdrawl symptoms but by selling it I've kinda forced myself into getting another one fairly soon. Once I have my new one then perhaps we can meet up again and maybe go a bit further than just the park :-)

Depending on how heavy the new wheel is I may even buy a second smaller one just to do the odd short journey to the local shops etc

1 hour ago, Gasmantle said:

It's a pain being without a wheel and I'm already suffering withdrawl symptoms but by selling it I've kinda forced myself into getting another one fairly soon. Once I have my new one then perhaps we can meet up again and maybe go a bit further than just the park :-)

Depending on how heavy the new wheel is I may even buy a second smaller one just to do the odd short journey to the local shops etc

Just but the 16x😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

I know some of you can't make it but the ride is tonight so that's me going then 😁😁 I'll do some video footage to show you what you all missed 😜

What else can I say, than ENJOYYYYYYYY 😁

Ok, so the meet is arranged for 7 to 7:15pm outside the Bispham Hotel next to the Sainsburys car park entrance.

I'll be there at 7pm on my KS14D as my newly won 16x hasn't arrived yet. Pity as it's supposed to arrive Wednesday!

Don't forget some fancy lights for after dark. 

Hope the riders from last year can make it but not heard from some of them.

13 minutes ago, Juggler said:

Ok, so the meet is arranged for 7 to 7:15pm outside the Bispham Hotel next to the Sainsburys car park entrance.

I'll be there at 7pm on my KS14D as my newly won 16x hasn't arrived yet. Pity as it's supposed to arrive Wednesday!

Don't forget some fancy lights for after dark. 

Hope the riders from last year can make it but not heard from some of them.

I bought some el wire lights I'll just wrap them around me.. Is that the same place we met last time,,, I'll come back Thursday look at your ks16x 😁😁 I've bought one btw😊

Edited by stephen