Kingsong user management and app

Timl

Hi guys,

Just to start with the good, I really love my KS16s, it’s an awesome reliable wheel. I am not the lightest guy around(105kg/210pounds) but it easiley pushes me up a hill.

But anything else around the wheel is really crap. Registering an account 1,5years ago was a real problem. Email phone(only chinese). In the end I figured it out after passing all the “pretty nicemessage” dialogue boxes. Given the fact that I might overseen something, just let me know.

At this moment I see 2 kingsong apps in the itunes store a blue and a white one. I’ve been using the white one from the beginning, so I thought let’s upgrade to the blue one. But I forgot my password and the reset password is faulty as the registration process.

Being in IT myself for over 20 years, I can’t get my head around the fact they do not seem to be able to get this working. My wheel is now tied to my old account that i am not able to access🙄.

I am on that point that although I love the KS wheels, I need to switch to another brand to just be able to use software that comes along with the wheel.

A penny for your thoughts guys.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Timl said:

Hi guys,

Just to start with the good, I really love my KS16s, it’s an awesome reliable wheel. I am not the lightest guy around(105kg/210pounds) but it easiley pushes me up a hill.

But anything else around the wheel is really crap. Registering an account 1,5years ago was a real problem. Email phone(only chinese). In the end I figured it out after passing all the “pretty nicemessage” dialogue boxes. Given the fact that I might overseen something, just let me know.

At this moment I see 2 kingsong apps in the itunes store a blue and a white one. I’ve been using the white one from the beginning, so I thought let’s upgrade to the blue one. But I forgot my password and the reset password is faulty as the registration process.

Being in IT myself for over 20 years, I can’t get my head around the fact they do not seem to be able to get this working. My wheel is now tied to my old account that i am not able to access🙄.

I am on that point that although I love the KS wheels, I need to switch to another brand to just be able to use software that comes along with the wheel.

A penny for your thoughts guys.

@Micheal Shen can you help ?

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, Timl said:

Be careful with that plan... None of the Apps are particularly good (IMHO).

For me personally (and a lot of other riders too) I only use the "official" App to change settings. For monitoring rides, battery level, et cetera Wheel Log (Android) or DarknessBot (iOS) are much more stable!

• Upvote 1