gotway mcm2s compatible with ios... conflicting reports

zentype

I've always understood that the current model gotways aren't equipped with the compatible (ahem properly licensed) BT modules that would allow them to work with IOS devices -- and thus no IOS app currently. Or at least not until the MCM4... 

Yet here's someone who claims to have "joined the gotway factory: and that the MCM2s (and based on that any models released after that.. i.e. Msuper2) are compatible with IOS. And it's just the app that needs to catch up.

Can anyone confirm? AFAIK the gotway IOS screenshots that have been floating around may be tied to MCM4s only. And not compatible with any earlier models.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NevNutz said:

You can get the IOS APP from here. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6GOkzC

you do need an unlocked iPhone to use the APP.

and for anyone looking for the MCM4 app for their android phone, go here. http://www.kebye.com/content/?182.html

I think the time of rooting an iOS device is over. Why should I take risk to root my iPhone and use a non trusted Baidu App?

My iPhone (BYOD) is set up with company policy and managed by an mobile device management system to prevent sideload for reason. Baidu is well known for some nice security problems with altered software (Apple Xcode (hacked version), remember the WeChat and other Chinese iOS Software where Apple pull the plug). As there's no trusted iOS App there's no App available. Maybe Gotway/ Kebye think about this. Having an iOS App you need more structure in development. You need to take care of your developer key and the app signing process (external programming). 

The provided link doesn't work any more. I tried also the link on the Chinese Kebye website. I want to had a look inside the app container.

So this means take an Android phone or go away and take a Kingsong? Is there any timeline having an Apple App store Gotway App ( @Jane Mo)?

@NevNutz Thanks anyway for the link and clarification of the situation.

On 2015/12/21 at 3:30 PM, OliverH said:

I think the time of rooting an iOS device is over. Why should I take risk to root my iPhone and use a non trusted Baidu App?

My iPhone (BYOD) is set up with company policy and managed by an mobile device management system to prevent sideload for reason. Baidu is well known for some nice security problems with altered software (Apple Xcode (hacked version), remember the WeChat and other Chinese iOS Software where Apple pull the plug). As there's no trusted iOS App there's no App available. Maybe Gotway/ Kebye think about this. Having an iOS App you need more structure in development. You need to take care of your developer key and the app signing process (external programming). 

The provided link doesn't work any more. I tried also the link on the Chinese Kebye website. I want to had a look inside the app container.

So this means take an Android phone or go away and take a Kingsong? Is there any timeline having an Apple App store Gotway App ( @Jane Mo)?

@NevNutz Thanks anyway for the link and clarification of the situation.

we will have ios app in app store within one month.

Archived