New and Looking for my first wheel

spikes2020

New and looking for a cheap wheel that wont try and kill me.

I have had, hell of a time... looking for wheels on all these Chinese sites and amazon.. they all look like cheap knock-offs. I am getting frustrated finding official websites that would offer returns or at least stay in business long enough for me to buy a replacement air tube for the wheel.

I am looking to spend around 300-500 on a wheel. I read on the forums that Gotway, Inmotion, IPS, King Song, Ninebot, Solowheel are the safest. I also read to find the largest battery possible. I am looking for something to learn on, short rides around the park/walk small off road on the grass. Maybe if i get into it longer rides.

IPS i260 14" is the best site i have found so far for a wheel in my price range. Anyone have any other suggestions? 

Thanks

Spike

PS i was looking more and found that USA air lines limit the battery to less than 160wh, i was looking at the IPS i130 to stay under the battery limit...  Is there a wheel that has an removable battery that i can swap it out with a smaller one if i travel?

Two things really,

1, there is no such thing as a good cheap wheel. 

2. Don't waste your money buying a cheap underpowered wheel which is slow and most likely quite dangerous, your only be upgrading within a month to a high spec wheel. Just save a little more. 

My advise would be a Ninebot E as the cheapest good wheel around.  

Hi Spikes2020! From my experience the TG-F3 is a very good buy for a start. It has no software problems like the Ninebot update and costs less than 400$. The motor has 350 Watt and the battery 264Wh. I rode it now for more than two months with no problems at all, even in rain (for short). It can't take steep slopes and it can't speed up to 20, 30 or more km/h. But it's great fun and seems to be as reliable as the expensive ones. 

Archived