My thoughts after about 2 months and 3 wheels.

I think you would enjoy an MCM5! Same tire size as the S2, but way more oomph.

55 minutes ago, Eddie A. Steiner said:

But if you could choose your custom setup with any size wheel, any speed with 50 mile range, which size wheel would you want and why, just curious.

16 inch wheel (real 16 inches diameter, not close to 18 like the Nikola/16X) with 3 inch wide tire and massive torque for mountain riding. A wheel I can force up crazy inclines as much as I want without anything frying.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Love my S2, nimble, reactive, gorgeous, light. It seems many 18” wheel people can’t understand that anyone would use a smaller size, as if huge pickups where the answer to all.

• Like 1

Exactly, I am riding my 18L and enjoying it somewhat but it ain't nothng compared to my little S2. The twitchy response of this little wheel is great which makes me think I'm doing something wrong if I like this wheel so much, ya know? Again, I'm no speed demon so the max speed of about 15mph is perfect for me, sure I get a beep now and then but overall, I'm good at carving at about 14mph. I understand that if you want high speed you need a bigger wheel, but if you could get that same speed from a 14 or 16, why not? As a relative newbie, this makes sense to me right now but who knows after a couple of months? We'll see. Thanks for the feedback.

• Upvote 1

Very much agreed. I have a 16s for the range and smoothness. Speed sometimes but not legal. Good wheel. Might get a 18 in the future for road trips.

But the 14 is more fun and pleasant, besides much easier to bring on the train to visit grandma. Range is enough to get across the city and some.

Thanks for your input as well :)

(I only have used 14 and 16” wheels but can extrapolate. Can’t remember whom, coming from a 10” mten3, felt the 18” as a freight train.

Edited by Mimolette