Owning multiple wheels

Yellowman

Hi,

I see many of you have multiple wheels in their bio pictures (below the posts).

How do you manage so much wheels?

You need storage + charge them once in a month to keep the battery okay, etc.

Are they wheels you had and sold?

Please tell me your management strategies for having more than 2 wheels.

1 hour ago, Yellowman said:

No you don't

These are not lead-acid batteries. Just do not charge them to 100% and store them for months. Keep them at 70% and they'll stay good for a very long time. I had wheels not being used for > 6 months and the battery didn't even drop 1%. (Not the Z10 :lol: ).

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:24 PM, Yellowman said:

Hi,

I see many of you have multiple wheels in their bio pictures (below the posts).

How do you manage so much wheels?

Are they wheels you had and sold?

Please tell me your management strategies for having more than 2 wheels.

yes.. manage? i wish i had twice as many but i dont physically have the space lol.. if i had a garage, i would have every wheel :P dont need to do anything special to the battery at all.. just dont leave it for a very long time at 100% as thats bad for the battery longevity but theres nothing special that you need to do really.. its preferable for very long term storage that the battery is at 50-60% but nothing will happen if it isnt, no need to worry about it or anything.. no need to top them up either the battery will hold its charge level for many months.. i dont have any strategies as i ride every wheel i own at minimum every three days, and more often than not multiple wheels a day, and i dont ever go a day without riding.. like a drug addiction lol

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Yellowman said:

Let us talk about this addiction. I got hooked too. Why is that? Any theories?

Humans and other mammals (omnivores and carnivores) are thrill seekers by nature. The adrenaline of the thrill (also known as fun) is pleasant. So euc riders are no different than motorcycle riders, and white water rafters, and snowboarders, and whatever, you name it. A dog catching a frisbee!

1 hour ago, Yellowman said:

Let us talk about this addiction. I got hooked too. Why is that? Any theories?

because its so much fun

That’s a nice basic explanation. You can say it has been a long time I experienced something that gives me thrill.

Now I see why fully geared up cyclists spend their whole Sundays riding their bicycles. Cause it is fun for them.

23 hours ago, Rywokast said:

yes.. manage? i wish i had twice as many but i dont physically have the space lol.. if i had a garage, i would have every wheel :P dont need to do anything special to the battery at all.. just dont leave it for a very long time at 100% as thats bad for the battery longevity but theres nothing special that you need to do really.. its preferable for very long term storage that the battery is at 50-60% but nothing will happen if it isnt, no need to worry about it or anything.. no need to top them up either the battery will hold its charge level for many months.. i dont have any strategies as i ride every wheel i own at minimum every three days, and more often than not multiple wheels a day, and i dont ever go a day without riding.. like a drug addiction lol

Wow. How many miles total do you have?

19 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Wow. How many miles total do you have?

i lost count but i know its over 20k now.. been riding a little over two years

• Like 1