New Riding Shoes

tscottn

Wondering if anyone has seen these.. 

They are basically steel toe, steel mid sole, Kevlar reinforced tennis shoes, or Sneakers if you live on t he east coast.)  I just ordered a pair and will be here on Sunday,  What I like about them is that I am hoping they will relieve foot fatigue on long distance rides due to the strength of the sole and the protection they offer all around the foot while looking good as well, and the price isint bad either.. not nearly the cost of a good pair of Nike that for sure.  

There are many different manufactures of these types of footwear as well as different models within each manufacture.  Amazon carries a bunch of them.  This is the make and model I went with..  Ill definitely let you know how it goes.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6T3CHG/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1GS2B0APYSC1I&psc=1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tscottn said:

What I like about them is that I am hoping they will relieve foot fatigue on long distance rides due to the strength of the sole and the protection they offer all around the foot while looking good as well, and the price isint bad either.. not nearly the cost of a good pair of Nike that for sure.  

I would still buy these shoes because they seem to offer good protection.

However, foot fatigue may be partially relieved by understanding this video, especially if you have flat feet.

One thing that's puzzled me is I have flat feet when I stand, yet I don't when I don't put weight on my feet. The act of standing gives me flat feet, and like the video I have PF and Achilles tendenosis, or rather I used to.

Simply by watching this video, and then being very aware how I (incorrectly) put my foot down, I was damaging my feet. By knowing how a foot should be acting mechanically did my flat feet go away, and it's not simply just a matter of turning in or out, or landing on heel or toe, but landing such a way that one's foot becomes rigid. You can instantly feel it when done right, and then you wonder how on Earth you ever walked incorrectly. The foot becomes rigid and springy; this is how we were meant to run and walk.

One you get that, a lot of foot problems from flat feet just go away, and that includes EUC foot fatigue.

Edited by LanghamP