InMotion V10F handle tightness fix

Hi folks, I've been riding my V10F for about 10 months now and I love it. My only complaint was that the trolley handle is way too loose. It kinda ruins the experience of pushing it around or even propping it up against a wall. A couple months ago, I commissioned my good friend to help design a spacer to fix the looseness of the V10F handle. We've gone through several designs and materials before finally settling on a final version. I've been using this version for a couple months now and the handle feel is super tight and perfect! If anyone is interested, we've listed a kit on Amazon at a modest sale price of $15. The kit includes various sized spacers and the tools and instructions needed to install. Let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RWTG71J

Install video. Tip: use loctite threadlocker on the 2 set screws that attach the handle to the red knuckle

http://tinyurl.com/v10spacerkit

Edited by WenInPhilly
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The kit and the video look good. I just bought a V10F and immediately disliked the flimsiness of the handle and was considering ways to address it, thinking along the same way you guys did. 

Would you consider selling a cheaper kit without the tools? I've got plenty of my own.

10 hours ago, Fuzzypixel said:

The kit and the video look good. I just bought a V10F and immediately disliked the flimsiness of the handle and was considering ways to address it, thinking along the same way you guys did. 

Would you consider selling a cheaper kit without the tools? I've got plenty of my own.

Potentially. I'll have to talk to my friend about it. Will update you. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wen,

Thanks for making these spacers.  I tried putting the smallest one in between the handle bar and the lug and it won't fit (too snug).  But the handle without the spacer is still fairly loose and jiggles when moved.  So I took a closer look at the two metal surfaces that should be touching each other and it looks like they are highly uneven.  It looks like this is just extremely unfinished metal.  I wonder if I can sand this down or something...

Edit: I may use some Vinyl tape around the handle lug to buff up the thickness, then poke a hole through it to allow the mechanism through.

Edited by leadfeathers

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 5:00 PM, WenInPhilly said:

The kit includes various sized spacers and the tools and instructions needed to install. Let me know if you have any questions!

Do you have a new link for the kit without tools? Thank you!