Dinner Recipe Ideas.

Esper

Hey guys. I'm unsure if this has been done before but since many of us can get together online to talk about riding EUCs and exploring new areas on our favorite wheels I thought, why not talk about food as well? 

I'm trying to gather everyone's favorite recipes in order to expand my culinary palate to include different foods from other countries that are simple to make without a ton of ingredients and can be made by someone that isn't a professional chef. Hopefully some of you may have some staple meals to share with me.

If anyone here is interested in sharing their food pictures as well as recipes, please do. From here on, I'll be taking pictures of my favorite dishes and sharing how to create them with all of you. Hopefully I can add some international cuisine to my diet over the summer.

So grab a beer, take some pictures, and lets feast together!  :cheers:

Edited by Esper

My Curry Recipe. (pictures coming soon)

Spoiler

So this one is an easy recipe. It takes about 10-15 minutes of prep, depending on how much you make. Ingredients can be replaced with others in your area depending on availability but they should be easy to get.

2 lbs/1 kg of meat, diced: chicken is what I use.
20 oz/ .56 kg of potatoes diced: I used russet
3-4 medium carrots, diced.
1 box of Golden Curry, (or you can use whatever curry sauce you want)
Optional;
2 heads of broccoli,
1 can of baby corn,
1 can of sliced water chestnuts,

When dicing the potatoes, place them into a large bowl of water to remove excess starch. Drain before using.
In a large pan add oil to cover bottom of the pan, heat until shimmering. Add meat and fry for 5 minutes, add the remaining ingredients. On medium heat, fry all the ingredients together while stirring constantly for another 5 minutes.
Add 4 cups/1 liter of water and boil until veggies are soft, about 5-10 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the curry cubes, stir until all the curry is dissolved.

Serve over rice. 

Pictures to be placed here.

Oh hi there! So you bought instant pot and don't know what to do with it too? :laughbounce2:

My only one fav recipe is steamed rice:

1. Rinse uncooked rice with water for about 1 to 3 time depending on your patience at the time.

2. Put 1 cup of water for every 1 cup of uncooked rice or use water guide inside the rice cooker bowl.

3. Dry the bottom of the rice cooker bowl with dry cloth.

4. Put the rice cooker bowl inside the rice cooker.

5. Close the lid (don't forget the detachable lid cover. If it's not there check the dishwasher).

6. Plug in the rice cooker to the wall socket.

7. Press down the cook button.

8. Pray that it will not bubble out during the cooking process.

9. Keep going back and forth from wherever you sit to the rice cooker to see if the button already spring back to "keep warm".

10. Wait at least 15 min before opening the lid and stirs the rice to fluff it out.

11. Yell from the bottom of your lungs to your fam that the rice is ready.

• Upvote 1

Spanish Rice!

Ingredients;
4 cups of uncooked rice (jasmine preferred)
1 can roasted red pepper tomatoes,
1 can tomato sauce,
1 can diced tomato green chili pepper,
1 quart beef/chicken broth,
Olive oil,

Coat bottom of pan with olive oil and heat over medium,
Add uncooked rice and fry until brown and has a nutty aroma,
Add tomato sauce and fry for an additional minute stirring until rice is red,
Pour in broth and the canned tomatoes, heat until boiling, then reduce heat to warm and cover.
Let it cook for 5-10 minutes until rice absorbs all the broth and it's fluffy.

3 hours ago, Kens said:

Oh hi there! So you bought instant pot and don't know what to do with it too? :laughbounce2:

My only one fav recipe is steamed rice:

1. Rinse uncooked rice with water for about 1 to 3 time depending on your patience at the time.

2. Put 1 cup of water for every 1 cup of uncooked rice or use water guide inside the rice cooker bowl.

3. Dry the bottom of the rice cooker bowl with dry cloth.

4. Put the rice cooker bowl inside the rice cooker.

5. Close the lid (don't forget the detachable lid cover. If it's not there check the dishwasher).

6. Plug in the rice cooker to the wall socket.

7. Press down the cook button.

8. Pray that it will not bubble out during the cooking process.

9. Keep going back and forth from wherever you sit to the rice cooker to see if the button already spring back to "keep warm".

10. Wait at least 15 min before opening the lid and stirs the rice to fluff it out.

11. Yell from the bottom of your lungs to your fam that the rice is ready.

I was surprised to find the InstaPot (on sale at Prime Amazon) makes better rice than my dedicated rice cooker.

Put rice and water in, set and be done. Perfect rice every time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I was surprised to find the InstaPot (on sale at Prime Amazon) makes better rice than my dedicated rice cooker.

Put rice and water in, set and be done. Perfect rice every time.

Ok, now I'm gonna have to get one. I've been eyeballing these guys for years now. Congratulations you two, you broke me. 

On 7/16/2019 at 5:26 PM, Esper said:

Ok, now I'm gonna have to get one. I've been eyeballing these guys for years now. Congratulations you two, you broke me. 

I've had maybe 5 traditional pressure cookers throughout my life, and they are useful but are a pain to use, because a mistake on your part is often a bad mess, with a destroyed pressure cooker (the blow-off valve and the rubber ring) at worst.

Now an electric pressure cooker is incomparably better, and the InstaPot is a particularly refined and reliable example of one. I've had mine for five years without a single problem, and just bought a travel one (3 quart) because I usually just cook for myself.

You can make things as simple or as complex as you want, and note that the InstaPot can also fry or sear meats, because it's also an electric stovetop.

The electric pressure cooker is truly one of those items that noticeably improves your quality of life, because it reliably gets healthy food onto your table quickly and without much thought or effort.

Everyone needs an electric pressure cooker. I do think the InstaPot stands above all others while being the cheaper (cheapest?) one to boot.