Mten3 water isolation?

Dear mten3 owners, how does this wheel handles riding under rain? Is the factory water sealing enough or some additional sealing is needed? My local service shop offers a $50 service to water-proof the wheel. Is it worth it or is it fairly easy to perform oneself? What's needed for it then? 

Also my mten3 started making some strange sounds.

Should I start worrying? 

The Mten3 motor can makes lots of strange sound like that. It's normal.

I would say that the Mten3 is very resistant to any water penetration. The battery is about the wheel and the control board is above the battery. I wouldn't pay to have anything done.

If you remove the two center dark plastic pieces (they pop off) you can see where to add some waterproofing. I would buy some inexpensive water-proofing tape and use that .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dmitry Khyzhyi said:

Thank you! So basically can ride in heavy rain with no problem? 

Well, I think if I was going to be doing much "heavy rain" riding, I would take off those two middle pieces of the shell, carefully lift  up the LED ring light strip, and apply some waterproofing take over the seam where two halves of the shell come together. I would think only the top 1/3rd of the wheel would need this protection.

The battery and control board section of the wheel is fully protected from the wheel well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dmitry Khyzhyi said:

What about the power button? 

People have had problems with the power buttons sometimes (wheel won't turn off until it dries out). Not sure how to waterproof that other than covering it with some tape???

• 2 weeks later...