Heads up Manhattan eriders: Ranger postings on Hudson River Greenway

maimedlord

Hello all:

I ride the Hudson River Greenway almost daily on my 18xl and have noticed that the park Rangers are increasing their presence on the trail. Fortunately, I have only found them posting at the two locations noted in the picture below. The Northern location is where their office/public restroom is located. At this spot they were posted on the pedestrian-only path. The Southern location is at the bottom of a long ramp that connects Riverside Blvd to the park and Pier Cafe below. I was zooming Northbound towards the Cafe when I noticed them posted ahead. A couple Rangers also noticed me and began to move to block the way and confront me. At about 50 yards I immediately slowed, turned and booked it back into the opposite direction. I know how important it is to avoid that first confrontation!

The rest of trail going North is completely clear.

Good luck and keep safe!

damn.thumb.png.a9678cd215332a2aa2aba1ed7bc61ec5.png

• Upvote 1

We need a Waze* specifically for PEV riders where we can report/keep track of this nonsense. (*Before Waze got bought-out/sold-out and got bullied by the government into removing their primary feature.)

Obviously EUC's even together with esk8 are too small a community for something like that to take off/become huge, but if you include all PEV's and in particular ebikes which I think could explode any year now, that would actually be a venture project with a chance to go huge/strike gold.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

Such an app wouldn't be too difficult to write...

Maybe this year I'll find some time and write one that tracks authority-activity. I'm sure there are many programmers on this forum that could do the same thing in a weekend! Anyone? :P

I agree that this app would be useful. I don't use the bike option because it always takes me to the bike lanes which are flat and the longer way around.

I think Google Maps API should be able to be incorporated into a simple app.  Make it like Waze where flags can be added and removed by users as needed.

I rode by the Hudson River greenway on Sunday night (10PM or so) and there were very few riders, park rangers or traffic to worry about.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

I agree that this app would be useful. I don't use the bike option because it always takes me to the bike lanes which are flat and the longer way around.

The bike lane routing for Google Maps is very useful if you don't know your way around though, for sure.  Not always the fastest way, but it won't stick you on a "fast" major local road in the city.  

• Upvote 1