Settings issue with V10

hartj10

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem before. When ussing the Inmotion app with my V10 i used to be able to change de light patterns and regulate the volume of the system. Now everytime I do so, when I switch off the wheel and wait for 3-5 seconds the settings reboot and no light patterns show. What do you think this could be? I tried resetting the flash of the wheel (no result), other light patterns (no result either), recharging the wheel (no result, I'm not even sure why I did this)...

file.png

file1.png

file2.png

file5.png

I had a similar issue with my new V10F. 

After I used the wheel’s physical buttons to re-activate the lights, the settings showed up again. 

Maybe try that? Press and hold the handle cut-off at the same time as the power button. It should beep, the lights will show up and the settings will be accessible. 

Not sure if this is your issue, but it’s worth a shot. 

• Thanks 1

I connected my V10 to the app this morning to change the LED pattern and now my speaker(s) appear to be disabled and my LEDs are frozen. Probably another problematic update to the app. The app also refers to the wheel as a car now (Car Management). Weird...

8 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I connected my V10 to the app this morning to change the LED pattern and now my speaker(s) appear to be disabled and my LEDs are frozen. Probably another problematic update to the app. The app also refers to the wheel as a car now (Car Management). Weird...

Did you try using the physical buttons to engage/disengage the lights?

My app has always said “car management” for both my V5 and V10. It’s never read anything but that.

I’m sure already know this, but just in case not, the BT speaker connection is listed as a separate line item in settings from the unicycle itself. I think it reads “unicycle audio” or similar, whereas the EUC proper reads “V10”.

Maybe try the DarknessBot app to see if it gives you a better handle on this issues you’re having?

Everything was back to normal when I powered it up a short while ago. I was incorrect, not a update. From the symptoms and timeline of events it sounds like the hardware that hosts the app stalled out and was eventually recycled. InMotion should release a RCA as I am a bit concerned that my audible warnings may have been disabled by a vendor hardware/software issue.  

BTW -the LEDs completely froze. I could not toggle the LEDs off/on by holding the engine kill button and toggling the power. I was able to disable the LEDs from the app though. 

All in all, happy that I have a real-time speedometer on my V10 again.

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2019 at 9:24 PM, KevinvdV said:

Awesome! Now I can finally ride with my favorite colors :)

On 7/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, gon2fast said:

Have corrected tne issue, if yes how please.

nicole.K

8 hours ago, Nicole Kroplewski said:

Have corrected tne issue, if yes how please.

nicole.K

If the issue does not resolve itself on Mondays then I would suggest re-installing the app. This has happened on both of my wheels and always resolves itself by Monday morning(s). I am running two different versions of the app (2 eyephones) and both experience this issue.

This is not issue you just not understand how this works. Its just user fail. 

0 turn wifi/4G ON location ON bluetooth ON wait some seconds in app to fully load all this (for me stupid social pages) switch all vehicle/moments/discover/me for fully load app   

1 in app light switch must be ON (always if you want change lights) 

2 once you click DIY this mean YOU PATERNS logicaly all premade paterns from inmotion not showing.(nothing wrong just you fail)

3 To fix this click back to dazzled light effect and enjoy light patterns.

4 if you have no luck or you (worst thing deleted/clear data in unit in mainterrance settings) or you are too simple/stupid person easiest way to fix this is for dump is reinstall app and NEVER push DIY again and just use premade lights

5 You are not alone dont be sad here is not inmotion app manual(for actual version) or FAQ how controll and use app efectively its just try/mistake system.

App works without problems i agree with you is not simply user friendly .Because inmotion app have no noob protection system everything you do is just done here is not back button. Its same with DIY sound once you click this unit is silent doesnt matter if you not do anything no ading you sound or just leave setting its just silent. To fix this sound you need again select some sound theme to activate sound back.

Dont worry i was inmotion app noob too now i am at expert level and everything looks simple for me now. 

Good luck and always use protection gear :ph34r: .

• 1 year later...

Hello! I own a V10F, bought few months ago. I noticed the same problem with side leds! If I transfer to the wheel a DIY animation it is successfully applied, but then, if I turn off the wheel, and then turn it back on after a minute, side leds are off and I’ve to manually set back with app the animation. It’s like it forgets the previous led pattern. This doesn’t happen if I set one of the preset led animation pattern.