Newbie with questions...help

Eddie A. Steiner

First of all how do I identify which specific model I have? It has light grey leg pads and a blue battery pack inside, I bought one second hand and am learning to ride....not well. After removing the battery pack I discovered a large rip behind the battery where something has ripped a good size gash in the white plastic, upon inspection I believe it to be the metal piece that keeps the inflation valve down....don't know the name of this piece. Ideas? The cycle still works mechanically and I plan to replace that piece if I can learn to ride this thing. I bought it from a kid for $150, hope I did ok. Lots more questions but I'll let you guys answer this first, thanks. Eddie

• Like 1

@Eddie A. Steiner first of welcome to the forum.

I personally don't have a Ninebot, but you can normally see model and serial info though an app from either Ninebot (often called 9B here). 

Sometimes a picture can show things better so others can see what you are trying to explain.

Hopefully someone else can pitch in with more help than my very limited knowledge of 9B.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eddie A. Steiner said:

Thanks for the greeting. Look forward to meeting people on here and learning to ride this damn thing!

Just you know we all have started where you are now 😉

We know the feeling. 

I can recommend filming your training and review afterwards. Another tip is breaking training down into sessions to avoid building up frustration. You will be able to see progress comparing sessions that you might not pick to if you keep training in one long go. At some point it clicks. 

There are a lot of other tips exactly how to go about this. My tips here is to speed up the process and break down the learning curve. 

Feel free to have a laugh at my experience... About 1.5 years ago. Since then close to 2800km on my belt 😉

OK guys attached is a picture of what I was talking about. It is some sort of metal guard that seems to keep the valve stem down. For some reason there is a pointy tip on me end of the lever that has scratched a huge hole behind the battery. I would say the whole is about 1" high by 4" across and seems to be made by that tire valve guard. Anybody know anything about this?? It does seem like the end of it is bent up a little...?

20190619_174633.jpg

14 minutes ago, Eddie A. Steiner said:

OK guys attached is a picture of what I was talking about. It is some sort of metal guard that seems to keep the valve stem down. For some reason there is a pointy tip on me end of the lever that has scratched a huge hole behind the battery. I would say the whole is about 1" high by 4" across and seems to be made by that tire valve guard. Anybody know anything about this?? It does seem like the end of it is bent up a little...?

20190619_174633.jpg

I am afraid I can't help with this one. My experience with 9B is limited.