Tire Pressure Bahavior

How often do you find yourself needing to refill your tires? I bought my Inmotion V8 a couple months ago. I've found that I like to keep the pressure between 40psi - 45psi. It seems that over the week, the pressure usually drops to about 35psi.

Would this be considered normal leakage?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brennan Portz said:

How often do you find yourself needing to refill your tires? I bought my Inmotion V8 a couple months ago. I've found that I like to keep the pressure between 40psi - 45psi. It seems that over the week, the pressure usually drops to about 35psi.

Would this be considered normal leakage?

Some tires barely leak and others leak more. Seems like you have one of the more leakier ones. Have you tried tightening the valve core? This can really help sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Booster2tron said:

Can someone please help with fixing my dualtron 2 ex, I've had 5 tire pops(tubes) burst in one week. I do everything I'm supposed to and few miles into riding and another flat. I NEED HELP! 

If it's a new innertubes the it's almost certainly the tire.

1. Check for a small hole through the tire, because the innertubes will want to squirm through that hole then pop.

2. Use soapy water between the tire and innertubes in order to prevent the innertubes from being folded.

3. Check the tire isn't rubbing against something because that's where a hole could form. You can check by simply pushing your scooter off power and seeing and listening if it rubs.

4. Check for invisible punctures by running your fingers inside the tire. It will show up as a burr.

5. Finally, your rim might be damaged.

My personal experience is I eventually get all the above given enough time, but I've also had the weird seriel innertube pop which was caused by a rim brake barely touching the tire and putting pinprick holes that you couldn't see unless you held up the cloth tire up to the light.

• Upvote 1

@LanghamP

yea that's ALOT. I can't even enjoy the thing.

i put a brand new tire on with a tube and got a flat , I atleast put 2-3 more since then and then when I Start riding a a few miles and then I start to feel "the wiggle" another flat -__-

i put the motor back on with out the tire to make sure everything was in alinement & it spun smooth. But will check the rim to just see.

what did you end up doing about it? Sold it? Upgraded ?

1 hour ago, Booster2tron said:

@LanghamP

yea that's ALOT. I can't even enjoy the thing.

i put a brand new tire on with a tube and got a flat , I atleast put 2-3 more since then and then when I Start riding a a few miles and then I start to feel "the wiggle" another flat -__-

i put the motor back on with out the tire to make sure everything was in alinement & it spun smooth. But will check the rim to just see.

what did you end up doing about it? Sold it? Upgraded ?

You'll have to figure out where you're getting a flat and why. It's a pain, I know, but you have to grit your teeth and do it. When I was doing the third tire replacement on my KS16 I kept somehow messing up, and the innertubes would not keep air, and so I went through two or three innertubes. I feel your pain.

Riding in the city I'm astonished at the number of metal objects in all my tires, wheels, bicycles, cars, they all get punctured. One year I counted 11 bicycle innertubes and a tire, almost all from running over nails, tacks, staples, etc...

I suggest keeping your scooter disassembled overnight after a change to see if it leaks. Dunno about your scooter, but if you can remove the wheels and drop them into water after putting the new tube in, then you can see where something is pinching via air bubbles.