first wreck, whew its over

eucinsea

On 5/30/2019 at 12:51 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

:efef895ddd: Really? So widespread?

I really can't recommend the V8/Glide 3 to anyone if that's the case!

For what it's worth, I have a V8 at 9197km mileage, and it hasn't shown the bucking problem. What it has shown, though, is a brief forward pedal dip when I accidentally push it too hard at <60% battery (overlean), which is recoverable if you pull back immediatey.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 10:31 AM, Unventor said:

As I said the V8 is a good wheel until you compare it to a KS18L or KS18XL. Then it is like having a candle in the dark vs 10000 lumien led lamp... 

But the Inmotion products do everything better than the Kingsongs except range. That is within similarly specced vehicles. The V10 is the best riding EUC for street and dirt except for the overload snafu. This is a big snafu tho, because it keeps some from experiencing this ride. It just rides smoother, turns easier, has a better stability going over hidden potholes and bowl sized street moguls. Its also a bit lighter than the 18L and about the same size even tho it is a 16”.

the V8 should be a starter wheel and a commuter wheel for those who mix public transport with the EUC. Its also not for people over 185lbs who want to push its limits, but it can handle it, albeit at a slower pace.

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

But the Inmotion products do everything better than the Kingsongs except range. That is within similarly specced vehicles. The V10 is the best riding EUC for street and dirt except for the overload snafu. This is a big snafu tho, because it keeps some from experiencing this ride. It just rides smoother, turns easier, has a better stability going over hidden potholes and bowl sized street moguls. Its also a bit lighter than the 18L and about the same size even tho it is a 16”.

the V8 should be a starter wheel and a commuter wheel for those who mix public transport with the EUC. Its also not for people over 185lbs who want to push its limits, but it can handle it, albeit at a slower pace.

My point light is good when lifting it, but riding there is a sweet point between (too light=less stable, but more agile), (just right=ride stability, managable to lift and agile enough but not too much) and (too heavy=sluggish, hard to control and turn, the wheel almost decide not the rider) 

To me the V8 is too light especially if you ride or rather cruise in open fields with gusting ctosswinds that is hard to predict. How the V10 is I can't say, as I haven't tested it. Might be fine but the reports about overheating "easily" would turn extinguishe my interest of it imidiatly researching for choice of a new wheel. 

So as you have your opinion I have mine. Unfortunately I don't have access to all EUCs to compare. But the way I started using my EUC the KS18L is simply great choice. As for my V8, it did the job at the beginning but I out grew it faster than anticipated. I might have gotten KS16S if I knew what I do now but then again it would not be as versatile for my  current rides as my KS18L. Now I am getting a second (new) wheel. A KS16X as I this it could be my new preferred choice. Time will tell. 

Note: I am about 1m76cm, roughly 75-80kg, my cruise speed is about 30-35 kmh in open free bike lanes in city outskirts. In city traffic it is 15-25kmh. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 1