As a fan, I would have liked to buy it, but its price is too expensive.
Too bad no one did us, here,  a user feedback (or review) about Loomo...

So, I was watching Loomo's Facebook page, then Loomo's Twitter page, then the Loomo forum in the Segway Robotics website ...
I was very surprised:

Loomo forum does not live (76 posts 10 followers) , users ask questions to Segway Robotics who do not answer, 

Facebook  6334 followers,  last comment nov 28 2018, "Loomo with a Dinosaur".... 

Twitter with 1723 followers... last tweet in January 2019

Do you know if there is a site, a page of the LOOMO community?

Do you know Loomo users, are they happy?

Seeing this "empty", I really wonder if Segway Ninebot will continue to sell it, and continue the development of his "AI"

Indiegogo "$1 445 448 USD / €1 287 406 EUR  by 1 291 backers" ...around 1300 users inthe World, what do they think about Loomo? Should we buy Loomo or...?

It would seem, based on the information you provided, we should not have bought it.  Based on how Ninebot has pretty much abandoned the Mini Pro, and it seems now even the Plus, they must be happier making scooters because they have more buyers for those.  No more innovation, just stating out boring stuff.  They didn't even upgrade the Plus with a decent battery that it should have shipped with in the first place, and have not done anything to get these machines to be legal in more places at 25km/h or allowed users to make it so in their jurisdiction if legal or at their own risk.  The go-cart was not well marketed, and they seem more interested in selling them with new segways than taping into their existing communities with it.  That said few would have the space to operate it so its market may have been limited from the start.

Still waiting for a real upgrade to the Mini Pro.  I'm looking for a transportation device, not a robot with serious limited capabilities, and certainly not a robot pal.

Hope is fading, but happy the MiniPro was released.

• Upvote 3

The demise of Anki will not help to encourage other companies to try to get into consumer robotics in the near future.  In that general area, 'assistants' like Google Home and Amazon Echo actually act like immobile robots who can control other stuff to produce useful or entertaining results.  Personally I'm surprised that 'telepresence' devices have not become affordable but maybe with enhanced privacy concerns these days, they too are fighting an uphill battle to be accepted.

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2019 at 4:54 AM, FreeRide said:

based on the information you provided, we should not have bought it.

personally, a year later, the excitement has subsided, and after seeing the critical reviews of limited features, and the price that is really unrealistic, the Loomo is more a means of transport than a real companion with intelligence

I posted this on my blog...:roflmao:

image.png Loomo 's AI demo "Artificial Idiot"

They didn't even upgrade the Plus with a decent battery that it should have shipped with in the first place, and have not done anything to get these machines to be legal in more places at 25km/h or allowed users to make it so in their jurisdiction if legal or at their own risk.

I did 5300 km with the Mini PLUS and there are firmware level bugs...by cons it is solid, very solid

"at 25km/h" I thought Ninebot would have created a "child" mode and an "adult" mode
Or with the analysis of the black box, unlock the speed after 500km of driving experiences, for the best users...In true, Ninebot "really dont care"

go-cart was not well marketed

Yes it's true, chinese cost is under 445$- 400 euros, now appears "fake"/copy, more cheaps, Segway USA sell it for $799.00

Still waiting for a real upgrade to the Mini Pro

When was the last firmware update for the Mini PRO?

personally I'm worried for the future, the kick scooter took the monopoly of Ninebot's manufacturing activities
Mini's sales are too low, even though they are now sold in supermarkets in Europe but they are still too expensive and people do not have all 400/500 euros to spend for speed and reduced autonomy, a lot of Mini users have given up, because of the speed, the difficulty to replace the tires, etc., Now they buy EUCs or kick scooter
If at the end of the year there are no new Mini models, it could disappear from the market

Riding Mini it's special, it's unique, for me it's a real pleasure, it corresponds to my state of mind, I share a lot of my experience with people I meet, the Mini, thanks to its low speed allow l interaction with curious and interested people, it is very sociable as a machine

10 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

The demise of Anki

I saw! It's really a big disappointment, Cozmo & Vector have a development and technology superior to LOOMO, finally a pure American product, full of genius ! 

if Xiaomi Segway Ninebot redeem patents and license, That's fucked up ! And it's likely https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-11/china-s-xiaomi-places-a-1-5-billion-bet-on-ai-and-smart-devices 

Ninebot got FCC certification for a connected device "IOT" Internet of Things " , It is to connect LOOMO to the other devices of the range Xiomi IOT https://iot.mi.com/index.html

Problem: Loomo is an "Artificial Idiot" for 1400-1700$ and Anki have a real Artificial Intelligence for 200$

Edited by jojo33

To know the projects of Ninebot, we must go see in his job offers http://www.ninebot.cn/Position-index.html

LOOMO 2 ? Algorithm Engineer (Fingerprint Identification / Image Recognition) http://www.ninebot.cn/Position-detail.html?id=169

Senior Electronics Engineer (IoT Direction - Bluetooth) http://www.ninebot.cn/Position-detail.html?id=173

Edited by jojo33

Today Anki announced that although they have basically closed down, they are going to keep their servers running so that existing owners' Vector robots will keep functioning, which is good news for mine!  (But that's of course off topic).

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

But that's of course off topic

don't worry, 

8 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

they are going to keep their servers running so that existing owners' Vector robots will keep functioning, which is good news for mine! 

How many times servers will runnings .... You have one ? lucky man!

Edited by jojo33