Will it never end? My next last mile electric vehicle purchase $$$

zentype

In the short time I've been into EUCs I've already become addicted to the detriment of my bank account :wacko:

But as much as I love EUCs, I also love carving down a beach boardwalk or hills on a longboard. And for anyone who has ridden electric longboards will know how fun they are. It's like surfing on the pavement -- best part is you don't have to kick.

Sure there is the Boosted board (great but way too short a range) and the other electric longboards but I think I've found THE one I'll purchase. 

Inboard Monolith Electric Longboard

http://www.inboardskate.com/

-25MPH max speed (!!) Though high speeds on a longboard is quite a bit less tenuous than on a EUC..

-Swappable battery (huge feature over others)

-The ability to kick with *no resistance* if you are out of juice. It rolls the same as a regular board when not on battery power. (also a big feature)

-Motor is completely waterproof and practically invisible due to inwheel design.

-Rechargeable ergonomic remote (would prefer swappable battery here too)

-LED headlights (white) and tailights (red) as seen here

Compared to an EUC:

-Ride will never be as "kushy" as an EUC on bumpy roads. Even a 14" will be more comfortable than a longboard on less than ideal situations.

-Can't go off-road (huge)

-Not as fun, but I'd say a close second.

-Very lightweight compared to an EUC (~12 lbs)

-More comfortable on the feet than a EUC.

-Available in Feb-March of next year. Gives me time to put away a fund for it though.

Company seems to be hitting all the right points that make this one the one to buy over other boards out there.

Only thing is the price $1399.  But others are about the same price range...

I came close to a Boosted board when I met Daan and EDL in Lausanne, EDL had his work colleague with him that brought one. He rode with us for a bit and it definitely looks very cool. Especially since he was able to do spins and tricks on the board while rolling along. :)

Its great for a fun toy, like you said to go for a cruise at the beach boardwalk or along a clean paved road. But as soon as you need to get from A to B cross town it gets complicated, you hit small obstacles everywhere that limits its usability a lot due to the small wheels. But that doesnt mean there is no place for it on the market.

I always wonder how you guys disable physics when riding 25mph and need to suddenly stop. You are not attached to the device, if its able to brake hard enough, it will send your sack of flesh flying on. :mellow:

I came close to a Boosted board when I met Daan and EDL in Lausanne, EDL had his work colleague with him that brought one. He rode with us for a bit and it definitely looks very cool. Especially since he was able to do spins and tricks on the board while rolling along. :)

Its great for a fun toy, like you said to go for a cruise at the beach boardwalk or along a clean paved road. But as soon as you need to get from A to B cross town it gets complicated, you hit small obstacles everywhere that limits its usability a lot due to the small wheels. But that doesnt mean there is no place for it on the market.

I always wonder how you guys disable physics when riding 25mph and need to suddenly stop. You are not attached to the device, if its able to brake hard enough, it will send your sack of flesh flying on. :mellow:

I've heard some really good things about the boosted board. It's one shortcoming that I saw was the lack of range. 

It must be a regional thing. Here in California, skateboards are a daily sight as a form of transportation for a lot of people. I see at least 3 a day at least on my way to work. But I live in the city so there are plenty of paved roads. But you'd be surprised what people can do on those boards... like Metric said, go up curbs, etc. their wheels are even smaller. Still can't go off-road though which is a huge reason why I decided to go with an EUC instead of one of those "hoverboards" -- Best decision I ever made :D

Stopping on a longboard is similiar to a snowboard. Sometimes, controlled.. other times.... uncontrolled haha

@Chrisxr2 From the specs it says it will go up a 15 degree slope so about on pair with the Ninebot's official specs (although the Ninebot can unofficially climb better than that). Though yeah I doubt it could do much more than that. I'll know after I get one... Although TBH I'll probably get the KS 18" before I get the board. It's calling out to me.

I agree on the regional thing, our roads here are paved even and nice, but the curbs are rather nasty to roll over with a skate or longboard (smooth enough for my bot though). Also the sidewalks are not per se made for wheeled use, only in cities you actually see nicer ramps made for wheelchairs.

• 1 month later...

Archived