cheating.

Chrisxr2

No.

If he didn't do drugs, his cycling career bunked, he became a nobody, nobody remembers him, maybe he got a degree, maybe he didn't, maybe he now works in product development for a cycling manufacturer with a salary of $50 or 60k a year riding the new druglords test bikes. Who knows.

All I know is that almost everyone back then did drugs and Lance was the best among them. And if Lance didn't then he'd be that guy who's name nobody knows and nobody would remember. And if he didn't, he'd be the guy above, now more then 40 years old and too old to ever get back the chance he lost. I'd say give him the benefit of the doubt and lets say he was in fact the best of his generation. He didn't do anything his main competitors didn't, he just did what he did better.

If only he wouldn't have character-assassinated the people around him who simply said the truth about what he did. This, he definitely did better than most if not all of his competitors. That he was outperforming his competitors with drugs I would not see as a very strong indication that he would have outperformed them without. It is a good indication that his drugging advisors were competitive.

Archived