Learning Issues

Sneakers2606

Hi Guys,

I got my new Ninebot e+ last week and have only managed to get using it in the last 24 hours. I have made great progress and can ride around 30-40 yards, then i have an issue.

I seem to not be able to keep up the speed. I am on a flat surface (road/driveway) with lots of room, but for some reason, i am unable to ensure i am leaning forward enough to keep a steady pace. Its odd as i am able to maintain speed for the first 30+ yards then something switches and i find it impossible to keep enough pressure on the front of the wings.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Billy

Do the foot platforms tilt back?  If so, you have (either appropriately or erroneously) hit a programmed warning limit behavior

Otherwise, the wheel might not respond to forward pressure (in which case you would fall over forwards), but the ability to apply it or not lies with you, not the wheel.

If you're losing speed the only thing I can think of is either a problem with the EUC or you're bending at the knees and sticking your butt back until you are essentially balanced over the EUC without moving forward. I've seen a lot of beginners take this "crouch" position and you have to tell them to keep their knees almost straight and "bend at the ankles" or "push down the toes."

Hi Guys,

I got my new Ninebot e+ last week and have only managed to get using it in the last 24 hours. I have made great progress and can ride around 30-40 yards, then i have an issue.

I seem to not be able to keep up the speed. I am on a flat surface (road/driveway) with lots of room, but for some reason, i am unable to ensure i am leaning forward enough to keep a steady pace. Its odd as i am able to maintain speed for the first 30+ yards then something switches and i find it impossible to keep enough pressure on the front of the wings.

Maybe it's because consciously putting pressure on the front of the wings is what will rather slow you down than speed you up. To gain speed you have to get your center of mass in front of the wheel. Pushing your hip forward while keeping the wheel/feet rather behind is the method of choice. Pressing the back of the wings will do as well as it will send the wheel behind you and consecutively initiate a speed gain, or a dismount if you are too ambitious.

Archived