KS 18L Bluetooth is off

-Sidekick-

it means there are no multimedia speakers active. In the Kingsogn App that is the sound option lowest speaker.

If you turn that on you phone will try to connect to wheel as external speakers. 

I take that you are using iPhone. It is a platform I abandoned some time back. So I can't test that for you.:(

I suggest you ask @US69 for advise. He might have an idea and workaround.

Or of course your dealer.( I can't belive I forgot that) ;)

It´s getting strange. I installed the app on my tablet. With my tablet there is no Problem connecting to the wheel. I can adjust whatever I want.

From my mobile neither the Kingsong app nor the DarknessBot app can connect. My V8 connects via Bluetooth as always.

It seems as if my Kingsong refuses Bluetooth connections from my mobile. :blink:

On 2/25/2019 at 9:02 AM, -Sidekick- said:

It´s getting strange. I installed the app on my tablet. With my tablet there is no Problem connecting to the wheel. I can adjust whatever I want.

From my mobile neither the Kingsong app nor the DarknessBot app can connect. My V8 connects via Bluetooth as always.

It seems as if my Kingsong refuses Bluetooth connections from my mobile. :blink:

When the Ipad/tablet working with the wheel it is most probably a simple right management problem. Both apps not having allowness for gps/location rights is the most common, knowing that comming also from an iphone x....

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, US69 said:

When the Ipad/tablet working with the wheel it is most probably a simple right management problem. Both apps not having allowness for gps/location rights is the most common, knowing that comming also from an iphone x....

I have checked both apps. They have the permission to use location infos while in use.

When I start the app after some time a sreen appears and tells me I need to update.

d9a48197-e787-4e1f-b0c0-5d027063d4c9.thumb.JPG.46cc3a99f4560144f28bcd22666a12ed.JPG

When I say YES this screen appears…

cf74ee42-f3cc-4c0c-8fb2-fe489f202900.thumb.JPG.03027fbcaabd7b1700cd25f89a39d5ab.JPG

When I try to update, this screen appears

88909f15-55fe-46d7-83d0-fc5bd57f448f.thumb.JPG.22b2dce319327cce6ff14543ed07549e.JPG

This goes round and round and round...Any other ideas?

Just some things that have been passed around here before;

What versions of the app are you using?

Have you tried an older version (I had issues with the app I had, and after looking on this forum on one of the latest APP threads, I downloaded a previous version someone had stored and it worked for me. There are so many versions and they keep making updates it's hard to be sure what works and what doesn't.

Also, I believe when I see the FW V0.00 , that is a server issue (which could also be related to the SW APP version...maybe using the wrong repo directory). Not sure about any of that, but I have seen that before.

Welcome to SW,FW,HW Beta testing!

Version of the App is 7.44 and FW is 1.11.

I donˋt think that this is an app-problem. My wheel refuses bluetooth-connections from my IPhone. I can see it, but it wonˋt connect. Different apps. None works. Maybe the wheel blocks my Bluetooth UUID?

I ˋve tried to connect from 4 other phones (Iphone and Android) and 2 tablets. Every unit and app connects and works.

Hy,

just a hint: Dont react to this firmware update questions...its a bug..there is NO new firmware version.

I have experienced problems with iphone, too.

What helped me:

Load down a „ Bluetooth manager app“ like „Light Blue“ from the app store....and try with this app to seacrh for the wheel.

Moght take some tries...

WHEN the wheel was found...directly switch to KS app and try connecting now. For me that is „the last help“...sometimes BT is just buggy.

Archived