What's the best non-extreme upgrade from V8?

Al.Cash

Hi. I own Inmotion V8 for over a year and I mostly like everything about it. I use it daily for short commutes (a couple of km, sometimes up to 30).

However, the battery capacity looks obsolete nowadays, it would be nice to have range of about 70km. Also, I'd like to have a bit more speed, nothing extreme, 40km/h would be enough after 30 on V8.

I don't need the most powerful wheel, just an upgrade without sacrificing maneuverability and weight too much, and I'm not sure whether it's better to stay with 16" wheel or move to 18".

Can you give me some suggestions?

I looked at King Song 16S, but the speed upgrade seems too small for the added motor power. Gotway Tesla looks like it has everything I need, but after some research on the web I have concerns about build and wiring quality, and the safety is one of my primary concerns. Maybe V10F?

Or is it better to move to more powerful wheels right away?

I would suggest a wheel with approx. 1600 wh battery. They should give you your range (depending on weight and riding style).

The ones out there now (that I can think of at the moment) is Msuper X, KS 18XL, and shortly the Nikola. Size of these are 19", 18" and 17". The Nikola I think is supposed to "replace" the Tesla.

If you are able to wait, then there is rumored a bigger battery for the KS16 (the KS16X its nicknamed currently, I think), which, by name at least, will be a 16" wheel.

I'm riding a Tesla, and have had no issues, except that I just blew a mosfet, and I'm very pleased with it. I'm currently waiting on a new control board, which, according to @Smoother, is supposed have a bad gyro.. (a joke ;) ).

Good question. 

59 minutes ago, Al.Cash said:

Hi. I own Inmotion V8 for over a year and I mostly like everything about it. 

I don't need the most powerful wheel, just an upgrade without sacrificing maneuverability and weight 

If I can shorten your post to the above I would suggest the KS16S. 

The problem is people usually want more. More speed. More distance. More comfort. 

The 18” wheels are less maneuverable and heavier. They ride smoother and are more stable above 10 mph. 

My advice would be to get a KimgSong 18L or 18XL. You might pick up a slightly used 18L for a good price. Many people want to upgrade to the 18XL. Otherwise I would get a new 18XL. 

You could get the MSX but it is a different creature compared to the other wheels. It takes more force to man handle. ( my favorite wheel by the way)

Archived