KS18XL calibration help...

Rama Douglas

Hello. Anyone else in here have experience in setting pedal pitch angle for the KS18XL (or L)? I followed the instructions in the Kingsong app and it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone have a how to on that? After my first ride, I'd like to tilt it back a bit...thx!

Just tried it again and I think I got it his time. While charging and "off", I connected to the wheel via the KS app, then, I went into set the pitch, then held down power button for 5 beeps until a long beep, then released and pressed power button again. Seems it took this time. 😁

21 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Thanks brother. Yeah. Only gripe so far with the XL is the shitty app. I hope whoever is capitalizing on these wheels will hire some Silicon valley tech geniuses to build a proper and stable app. 

Hear, hear. I definitely agree about the app. EUC sales would likely have to reach e-scooter sales proximity to get on the radar of Silicon Valley. 

3 hours ago, Lutalo said:

on the radar of Silicon Valley.

I'm doing what I can for the cause. I've been learning and riding all around Stanford Campus. I was out today just putting miles on my 18xl so I can get the speed cap to unlock and I noticed I'm either photogenic or a freak-on-a-wheel. I'm sure there are posts or videos of me out there now. 

Hopefully more SV peeps will get the bug and make some app improvements. 

27 minutes ago, Major Bathos said:

I'm doing what I can for the cause. I've been learning and riding all around Stanford Campus. I was out today just putting miles on my 18xl so I can get the speed cap to unlock and I noticed I'm either photogenic or a freak-on-a-wheel. I'm sure there are posts or videos of me out there now. 

Hopefully more SV peeps will get the bug and make some app improvements. 

Real, but cost effective improvements to batteries would be nice too. I wait with bated breath for the day when a battery the size of a dime can power a 5k watt motor and take a wheel 100 miles+ on one charge. Oh, and it takes less than 5 minutes to fully charge. 

One can dream, but that's more likely to be the wheel that my future grandchildren will ride. :(

6 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Real, but cost effective improvements to batteries would be nice too. I wait with bated breath for the day when a battery the size of a dime can power a 5k watt motor and take a wheel 100 miles+ on one charge. Oh, and it takes less than 5 minutes to fully charge. 

One can dream, but that's more likely to be the wheel that my future grandchildren will ride. :(

I need to go find Elon. 

Archived