Firmware Update

Chrispy

I just updated my IPS I133+ to version 4.31. The wheel goes a little bit faster now, shown top speed is ~22 km/h, was ~18 km/h before. It also beeps faster, almost continously, at this top speed. My overall impression is that the wheel drives more dynamic, now.  I like it this way! :)

I just recently got my IPS T350+ and the firmware is 4.3.1.  Even though my battery percentage seems to track accurately, my distance does not.  My initial 2 long rides totaled about 26 miles and yet the reading is at 23.3 km. Rode it again 2 miles today and the distance stayed unchanged at 23.3 km!   Has anyone experienced this same thing?  Is it a 4.3.1 bug? Does anyone know if I get to 100 km actual distance the 30 km/h unlocks or does the actual APP have to read that amount?  Hmmmmmm.......

Rode again this morning ~ 13 miles and the APP registered 1.4 km.  Makes no sense!  I then went out again in my neighborhood, with the APP on and my iphone actually with me,  went around the block twice and it registered 1.7 km, which is accurate.  Rode around foer quite a bit more in our area and it seemed to track accurately and read a total 38.5 km.  While I was looking at the distance traveled, it jumped up to 43.8 km.  Went to charge my 121+ and looked again and the reading had gone back down to 38.5 km.  So confusing!!!!!!!!!!  I have now traveled ~ 37 miles, which should be around 60 km, and the APP shows a mere 38.5 km?  Seems like someone out there would be having the same experiences???????  Can't get any feedback from the companies either!!!

Rode again this morning ~ 13 miles and the APP registered 1.4 km.  Makes no sense!  I then went out again in my neighborhood, with the APP on and my iphone actually with me,  went around the block twice and it registered 1.7 km, which is accurate.  Rode around foer quite a bit more in our area and it seemed to track accurately and read a total 38.5 km.  While I was looking at the distance traveled, it jumped up to 43.8 km.  Went to charge my 121+ and looked again and the reading had gone back down to 38.5 km.  So confusing!!!!!!!!!!  I have now traveled ~ 37 miles, which should be around 60 km, and the APP shows a mere 38.5 km?  Seems like someone out there would be having the same experiences???????  Can't get any feedback from the companies either!!!

The wheel reports a 'mileage' and a 'total mileage' to the app. The 'mileage' appears to be the distance traveled since you last turned the wheel off and on, and 'total mileage' seems to be how far you've traveled since you bought the wheel. However the app does something funny where the 'total mileage' it shows you is actually adding the 'total mileage' and 'mileage' together for some reason.

As for the 13 miles registering as 14km, it's possible that the app didn't connect to the wheel, or hadn't had a chance to request an updated mileage number yet. The number updates once every 5-10 seconds(?) when the app requests it from the wheel.

The spotty connection and weird mileage counting are things I attempted to fix in my version of the app:

As for the speed unlock, it's 100% controlled by the app. This is another of the things I changed in my version - no need to ride 100km to unlock ;)

Thanks!  That helps explain it better.  And also, thank you for your intelligence in creating a new app that'll unlock it earlier than the 100km!  After unlocking, of course I had to test it and, for me, the beeping already began at 22.0 k/hr.  Thought I'd be closer to 27 k/hr before beeping occurred?  Do you happen to know if upon initial beeping, a person needs to back off or is that just a caution beep as to being prepared for upcoming potential tilt back?  Just not sure how far one can push through that initial beep before face planting........LOL

Also......if beeping begins at 19 kph when the app is unlocked to 20 kph setting why would it already beep at 22 kph when unlocked to the 30 kph setting???

After unlocking, first beeps are around 22kph, beeps faster at ~26kph and solid tone at 28kph.

No need to back off until you get a solid tone/tiltback. The tiltback is not that noticeable at 28-30kph so I am usually careful not to push it hard when I hit the solid beep.

Just to add info to this issue.  Just received an email from IPS in response to me posing a similar question to that I posted here.  They stated that for the app to register correctly, one has to allow for an ~2 second delay after stopping the wheel before shutting it off so that the wheel can register the results of recent distance traveled. Otherwise, the recent distance traveled may be lost. Interesting............

Anyway, my wheel begins slow beep at 22 kph, beeps faster at 24 kph until arriving at 27 kph when noticing more tilt back and a steady continuous beep.  Everything is very stable at those points and have had no issues thus far.

Thanks to all for your help!

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2015 at 0:56 PM, Sweet M said:

Sweet M - I just received my IPS T260+ from electric unicycle a few days ago.  It's supposed to be capable of speeds up to 30 km/h and unlocked.  I am pretty sure it's raising the pedals and beeping around 19-20km/h.

Question: What iPhone app are you using to verify the speed, firmware, etc.?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, bkrudy02 said:

Sweet M - I just received my IPS T260+ from electric unicycle a few days ago.  It's supposed to be capable of speeds up to 30 km/h and unlocked.  I am pretty sure it's raising the pedals and beeping around 19-20km/h.

Question: What iPhone app are you using to verify the speed, firmware, etc.?  Thanks.

First, confirm for sure that you have the "plus" model.  Another member of our forum thought that he did and found out after checking that he, in fact, did not.  He then contacted the company he purchased it from and then "traded" units for the one he actually decided on.  Anyway, the story behind all that can be found in this same section under the topic  XIMA Lhotz - Alternative iOs app.  

There you can follow the full story........................

I use the XIMA LHOTZ app that our forum member Kevin created.  He did an awesome job on it and it continues to grant me instant access to my wheel and is very reliable/dependable.  You can download it from the app store of course and give it a try if you haven't already done that.  However, as I understand, the newer release models of T260+, T350+ etc... are no longer compatible with the XIMA apps as IPS has updated their mainboards for future production advances.  Not sure if the app "IAMIPS" is an option or not as mine is an initial series production model and that particular app will not work with my unit.

@Kevin stated in another post on Nov 27th...... The 'iamips' app is the new official app, which does not seem compatible with the XIMA based devices. My guess is that all new units from now on will be using a new model of mainboard/firmware that only works with the 'iamips' app. 

Hope this helps.......... and holler if I can help with anything else.  I'm not even close to as brilliant as so many are on this site, but am more than happy to share my experiences.

Thanks for the helpful information.  I purchased the T260+ model from electricunicyclyeonline.com.  I confirmed on my purchase order that it is the 'plus' and not the T260.  I am going to try the iamips as the xima lholtz does not work with my cycle.

I also sent electricunicycleonline.com an email and asked if they shipped the correct model.  Thanks again.

43 minutes ago, bkrudy02 said:

Thanks for the helpful information.  I purchased the T260+ model from electricunicyclyeonline.com.  I confirmed on my purchase order that it is the 'plus' and not the T260.  I am going to try the iamips as the xima lholtz does not work with my cycle.

I also sent electricunicycleonline.com an email and asked if they shipped the correct model.  Thanks again.

No prob, anytime!  Best of Luck!

I amp posting this in case others are experiencing the same issues. I am able to connect to my unicycle using the IamIPS app only. I have tried XIMA and XIMA Lhotlz with no luck.  Here are some screen shots from my app.  I am pretty confused as the purchase order that shipped with my unicycle says T260+.  However, the pedals states T350+ and the app states T350.  Unfortunately, the app does not allow me to increase the Max Speed to 30 km/h. I have even updated the app to the latest version which is 4.0.2.  I am in communication  with support@electricunicycleonline.com but so far no luck.  Thanks again.

IMG_0269.PNG

IMG_0270.PNG

image1.PNG

more pics...IMG_0272.thumb.JPG.6af79ba5207936faaacfa

11 minutes ago, bkrudy02 said:

I amp posting this in case others are experiencing the same issues. I am able to connect to my unicycle using the IamIPS app only. I have tried XIMA and XIMA Lhotlz with no luck.  Here are some screen shots from my app.  I am pretty confused as the purchase order that shipped with my unicycle says T260+.  However, the pedals states T350+ and the app states T350.  Unfortunately, the app does not allow me to increase the Max Speed to 30 km/h. I have even updated the app to the latest version which is 4.0.2.  I am in communication  with support@electricunicycleonline.com but so far no luck.  Thanks again.

IMG_0269.PNG

IMG_0270.PNG

image1.PNG

more pics...IMG_0272.thumb.JPG.6af79ba5207936faaacfa

IMG_0277.JPG

Interesting!  

My SKU number (for my T350+) is 687260 (and your 687258 is the correct SKU for the T260+).  The first 4 digits of my serial number are 0087 vs your 0090 and still your sticker reads T350+.  Again......interesting and confusing!

• 1 month later...

i recently purchased IPS191 i downloaded the iamips app and would not connect to my phone.  No devices would show up after multiple refreshes.  When i tried to go to my phone settings and connect to Bluetooth that way, It would tell me something along the lines of "connection rejected by Lhotz".  It might have something to do with my phone, i am using a Nexus 6.  A friend of mine uses a Galaxy Note 5 and he was able to see the device listed and connect.

I decided to give Kevin's app a try since i was having no luck.  Turns out the IPS app didnt work, but Kevins did.... So thanks a lot Kevin, i appreciate you putting that out.  Also it was cool because i got to unlock the additional speed.  

Riding at the additional speed felt a little loser at low speeds, not quite as responsive in my opinion.  I wanted to push this thing and see how fast i could go.  I had a similar experience as another poster, in that it started beeping about 22kph.  and i wasn't really able to push it past 24kph without getting a little lean back.  I was determined to try and see this additional speed so i pushed harder, and it couldn't keep up.  The scooter tilted all the way forward and the pedals scraped the ground and launched me forward.  Fortunately, i was able to run out of it, and not be hurt, but i had to ditch the strap so the scooter took a pretty big scrape.

Has anyone had any experience riding at higher speeds on this.  I believe i did encounter a BMS shutdown an another occasion a couple days ago.  i was traveling at a high speed and then tried to ride up a steep slope.  That time i wasnt able to run out of it, so im a little reluctant to ride fast as i had one good bail, and one near miss.  What speed will this thing turn off at?  or what amount of beeping should i take seriously?  Im debating on going to a turf football field and testing this out, i would imagine that would provide enough traction for high speeds, and still be much softer than falling on concrete. 

thanks for any feedback. 

Archived