Charging the V10

traumaone

Hi all.

I just unboxed my V10 this evening. I am attempting to charge the thing. Can anyone tell me if there is any visual indication that it is actually charging? The plug does not have a particularly good feel of being secure. There are no lights that come on the wheel, and the green light on the charge box stays green. The plug in the V10 seems a few degrees rotated and I wonder if this is inhibiting a good connection? Thank you. 

If it is like any other chargers, it should be red when charging and green when not charging. So either your battery is full or there might be a problem (or the charger works differently, sorry I'm not sure). Maybe the charger is bad, or the charge port cables got disconnected. Can you connect with the app and see if the battery is full?

Can you post a picture of your charge port if it looks questionable? Though a few degrees rotation won't be any problem as long as all cables are still connected.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

I tested the charger and it appears to function. I have tried calling/emailing/and web ticket to inMotion USA and they have not gotten back to me. I just want to ship this back to them and get my money back. The customer service is not good. :(

On 11/8/2018 at 11:09 AM, traumaone said:

Hi all.

I just unboxed my V10 this evening. I am attempting to charge the thing. Can anyone tell me if there is any visual indication that it is actually charging? The plug does not have a particularly good feel of being secure. There are no lights that come on the wheel, and the green light on the charge box stays green. The plug in the V10 seems a few degrees rotated and I wonder if this is inhibiting a good connection? Thank you. 

When U charging V10, the battery led on V10 will Flashing and also there have sound when V10 starting to charging. the  charge box(adapter) will show red light,   when the battery will full then V10 will stop flashing, after 30min then adapter will be Green Light.     you can add me via Wechat (id# fenglinyx) if you like.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, just a heads up, in case you overlooked this.  Two things:

1.) There is a tiny notch in the charge port.  It needs to align with the notch on the plug.  On my V10F the plug is fairly loose, this is likely a common thing.  However when I first charged my V10F, I did nearly manage to insert the plug rotated 60-degrees to what it should be and it didn't fit well.  Then I checked the plug and noticed the little notch is supposed to line up with the notch in the V10 charging port.  Line plug up properly with respect to the port on the wheel (with V10 turned off), plug it in and you should hear a "Boom Bum!", then the battery level indicator on the wheel will turn on even though the wheel is still technically off.  Also the charger LED light will be red to indicate that it is charging properly.

2.) The cable that runs from the V10 to the charger "box" is also incredibly loose in the box.  It falls out regularly with me.  Make sure that is tightly seated in the charger box as well.

Edited by leadfeathers