Dvorak keyboard.

Esper

I decided that I am going to convert to a new keyboard layout. This will be an exceptionally hard challenge for me because I've used computers every day of my life since I was about 10 years old. I've heard many things about this keyboard layout and wanted to give it a go. I will use this new layout for the next year and periodically post here about my difficulties. Since I've never learned the way "school" was supposed to have me type, I figured I might as well give it a shot. I can type proficiently without the standard keyboard finger positions using just two fingers from each hand. It actually makes sense that it would be easier for me to type this way because not all of the buttons are in a position that flows with minimal movement. The standard Qwerty keyboard was in place so that the buttons in sequence would be on the opposite side of the keyboard to prevent the bars of typewriters from hitting one another and causing a jam.

Here is a website that I will be using to learn as well as my normal emails I send at work. This will be a challenge indeed.
https://learn.dvorak.nl/

• 1 month later...

Archived