2nd generation Allergy meds - over the counter

Bob Eisenman

So .... It's that time of the year when mice move back into the apartment spaces between the walls to stay warm. Of course their food supply shifts to your living space and you realize their are small mouse droppings on your stove top or food prep counter. Perhaps you've even seen a full sized mouse criss cross the floors of your living area. Face it...they are hungry and looking for food in their new environment.

So...first you buy a have a heart trap which they avoid. Then you buy the real deal trap which spring loads and you gingerly place it where you think they will be. Then ..... A day or so later your eyes start to tear, you sneeze like the flu is setting in but you know it's not the flu....it's your allergies raising havoc with histamine release as your hypersensitized immune system binds up the offending allergin. You might feel anxious or seek fresh air.

Well.....at CVS you can buy a '2nd generation' antihistamine medication that blocks 'h1' histamine receptors in the brain. 1st generation antihistamine medication was known for causing drowsiness but reports on 2nd generation antihistamine medication (I bought Loratadine) indicate that its reduced ability to cross the blood brain barrier results in less saturation (which may cause drowsiness) of h1 receptors while still producing the desired pharmacologic effect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H1_antagonist

Open a window, clear the air and take the medication as described ....the offending mouse will still be there for the next round of extermination efforts.

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I love animals, but the morbid fascination side of me can’t stop watching these mouse trap videos.  Shawn Woods has the best ones.  :popcorn:

The show American Pickers had a short episode on old style mouse traps. One of the stars Frank has been collecting them for years. Some are very intricate. 

I watch that show!  :w00t2:  It's always neat to take a step back into history and see some of the stuff people have collected over the years.  The inner hoarder in me likes it especially.  :ph34r:  Pawn Stars is another fav.  Is it weird watching people get their joints cracked?  :whistling:  Turn up the speakers!

Yeeks :blink:

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I watch that show!  :w00t2:  It's always neat to take a step back into history and see some of the stuff people have collected over the years.  The inner hoarder in me likes it especially.  :ph34r: 

It is a great show. Their last episode featured some old cars and trucks that convinced me to begin working  on my 57 Chevy 3100 again. It has been 1 1/2 years since I last wrenched on it.

45522850642_f179ac9d4f_b.jpg

I’m not a big Pawn Star fan anymore but I use to watch it regularly. 

Archived