Marek Fucila

What does the voice settings in the Segway-Ninebot Adnroid App do for Z10? 

I can choose between "Default voice" - "Harmonic sound" and "Recommended voice" - "Loomo Robot sound", I can set volume and touch play/pause icon for specific voice, but nothing happens. No sound on app, nor on the wheel, when uploaded to Z10 (insanely slow uploading channel).

The only voice I hear from Z10 is "The bluetooth is connected successfully", after Z10 powers on and my cell phone is near by. And this voice does not seem to be affected by uploading the sound. Anything else produces just nice beeps (power on/off, alarm, lifting, too much tilting...).

I have the actual firmware 1.0.2.

Screenshot_20181016-001613.png

Screenshot_20181016-000928.png

Im not sure because i switched the voice just one time at the beginning from harmonic to the robot (to slow luploading the sounds), so i just rode it one time with the other sound... But the harmonic sound was not a clear voice, just a "clear sound" and the robotic is more like... R2d2 or something other futuristic robot.

Maybe i test it again tomorrow if the upload will work a little bit better than at the beginning...

1 hour ago, Marek Fucila said:

"The bluetooth is connected successfully",

This would be really nice that NB change this voice into some sound, or hire native speaker to say it in English...

The best would be the posibillity to use costum sounds from user... But with faster upload ( just thinking about uploading 0,5mb with 0,5kb/s ~ its like surfing in the internet with a ~80s modem)

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

This would be really nice that NB change this voice into some sound, or hire native speaker to say it in English...

Well, at the end of the day this all boils down to a matter of taste. I do not need my girlfriend or boyfriend or the Queen of England or  Hannibal Lecter (Sir Anthony Hopkins) to tell me that my Bluetooth connection was successful. This friendly Chinese voice does the job and ? I love her. Here in Japan we here these Japlish voices everyday. They are part of our culture. And the world has more languages then just English with or without perfect accent. Let’s be happy that she does not say: 藍牙連接成功!

On 10/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, MaiKi said:

But it would be nice for my self confidence if yoda could tell me "may the force be with you" when i press the power on button at the beginning of my ride :lol:

Wouldn’t it be even better for your confidence if you YOURSELF became Yoda and chanted in any voice you like: „The force IS with ME!“ each time, you press your power on button. And a beautiful Chinese ?‍♀️ fairy confirms this fact to you in her emphatically practiced voice: 

Th‘ Brew Toothhhh .... suckkthessfullly!

The chances that - in time - this could become reality for you are so much better then the chance that Ninebot employs Master Yoda itself as a voice actor for their power buttons in any near future.  :lol:

On 10/17/2018 at 10:15 PM, Toshio Uemura said:

Wouldn’t it be even better for your confidence if you YOURSELF became Yoda and chanted in any voice you like: „The force IS with ME!“ each time, you press your power on button. And a beautiful Chinese ?‍♀️ fairy confirms this fact to you in her emphatically practiced voice: 

Th‘ Brew Toothhhh .... suckkthessfullly!

The chances that - in time - this could become reality for you are so much better then the chance that Ninebot employs Master Yoda itself as a voice actor for their power buttons in any near future.  :lol:

And thats the rwason i my wish was the ability to use costum sounds... Mp3 or aac would be great. The chance to get the possibility from ninebot to use my own sound does not go to zero (or?!) :)

Maybe with some third party apps in the future?

On 10/20/2018 at 8:08 AM, MaiKi said:

And thats the rwason i my wish was the ability to use costum sounds... Mp3 or aac would be great. The chance to get the possibility from ninebot to use my own sound does not go to zero (or?!) :)

Maybe with some third party apps in the future?

Jikan ga tateba wakaru! ? (Time will tell!)  :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z7XlZlaykxk

• 1 month later...

Archived