Big or small problem? 14s

d20ratman

My Ks 14S doesn't have the range it did when I bought it 8 months ago. It still gets me to work, but the app says its power is considerably lower than when it was new. A trip that brought it to 80% now brings it to 71%. Is this normal?

If it does need service where do I take it?

On 10/8/2018 at 12:07 PM, d20ratman said:

My Ks 14S doesn't have the range it did when I bought it 8 months ago. It still gets me to work, but the app says its power is considerably lower than when it was new. A trip that brought it to 80% now brings it to 71%. Is this normal?

If it does need service where do I take it?

I don't see this as a problem.  The depletion could be smaller than you suggest because as you get familiar with it you tend to ride faster, and use harder acceleration, so in that time your riding style may have become a bit more aggresive. Do you record you average soeed for the trip, or better you a graph you can review? Also temperature and tire pressure can have a large effect so be careful to account for those and check that your tire pressure has has not decreased.  

Just keep an eye on it. 

On 10/8/2018 at 6:07 PM, d20ratman said:

If your battery sits at 100% charge level most of the time, this is not so unsurprising. In order to avoid fast battery degradation you better avoid to keep the battery at 100% for many hours, in particular at temperature >20ºC. Ideally for the battery is to keep it at around 50% charge and charge it up to the necessary value only right before usage. Only occasionally charge it up to 100% and keep it at the charger for a few more hours (this is supposed to trigger cell balancing).

Archived