Firmware 1.1.1 - should I update?

I just picked up a 320 mini pro and noticed it has a fairly old firmware version. I've read a lot of unhappy comments about tilt back and speed and am hesitant to mess with my firmware.

It seems like 1.1.7 is mentioned a lot in the forums, but I don't know what are the differences between 1.1.1 and 1.1.7 and whether I should upgrade.

As I've stayed away from the "update firmware" notifications on my phone, I don't know if you have to jump through any hoops to get the 1.1.7 firmware.

BTW, this forum has already been really useful. I thought I had a battery problem and then after reading another user's thread realized that my mini pro arrived w/ virtually no air pressure in the tires. Voila! :)

Hi ;)

You must follow the steps indicated in the thread "How to downgrade.." and follow too some @trevmar tips and suggestions in his post, in order to upgrade your 1.1.1 to 1.1.7..but consider that at now, app versions 3.5x didn't works anymore and 4.xx versions didn't permit to upgrade a firmware other than the last official one....

So, be careful and follow the right steps in the thread ;)

Thanks for the info and the heads up to some of the potential hurdles in doing an upgrade to not the current version.

Do you have any thoughts as to whether I should? Am I better with 1.1.1, 1.1.7, or is the latest firmware now fine enough?

15 hours ago, Invader Zog said:

Thanks for the info and the heads up to some of the potential hurdles in doing an upgrade to not the current version.

Do you have any thoughts as to whether I should? Am I better with 1.1.1, 1.1.7, or is the latest firmware now fine enough?

Well..... I simply don't like the too invasive choice in frequent and repeatedly tiltback plus punishment if not limit the speed over the beeping, limiting the max speed at 1st at 15kph and insisting at 12kph, of the latest firmwares..( please notice that you must wait almost 1 hour without make beeping the machine, in order to get back the 18kph as max speed....:furious:)......:facepalm:

I was almost lucky in that period to rollback both my miniPro to the 1.1.7 firmware that still have on both nowadays B)

It sounds like I’m better off with 1.0.1 then the latest. Are there any substantial benefits of upgrading to 1.0.7? 

Ive noticed a number of small annoyances that I can live with that may or may not be firmware addressable.

Bluetooth to my iPhone frequently disconnects (typically less than a minute), the steering control when I am pulling it feels awkward (could just be me), and when I tell it to turn on the headlights that seems to be reset next time it powers off/on whereas I thought it would remember preferences. None of these really matter enough to risk the quality of an enjoyable ride :)

If you can... and without making any risk. .. would be great and better to upgrade to 1.1.7 or 1.1.9 that in my humble opinion are the 2 better firmwares every released.

But I'm afraid that at this point you must

use the JTag method in order to flash them up....

28 minutes ago, Invader Zog said:

Thanks! Is there anywhere that has more detailed information (ie release notes) for the firmware versions?

@jojo33 on his blog site, has all the firmware changelogs;)

The links to his pages are either in his signature ;)

12 hours ago, zugu said:

@jojo33 on his blog site, has all the firmware changelogs;)

The links to his pages are either in his signature ;)

oh no, i don't update all, i had abandoned this part about firmwares, and about firmware v1.1.1 i dont find anything... i will look again in my archives...  Found! (see next post)

maybe...

a solution with old ninedroid app, can @Invader Zog download one of these old ninedroid version and connect to the Mini, after, try a upgrade to v1.1.7 or v1.1.9...i m not really sure it's work

On 10/2/2018 at 5:33 AM, Invader Zog said:

Old Mini riders prefer V117 or V119, for a Mini or Mini Pro, but i know ones members who upgrade to current version and are satisfied

You just have to review things in their context.(2 years ago, now)

V1.2.7/V1.2.8 (released the same week) were really a big mistake from Ninebot, who apologized a year later...(in China)? devices were impracticals, everyone was angry, everywhere in the world, users have paid their Mini Pro over $799/$899/$999 ...

Downgrade methods found by Denniss & Alexander  really have saved a lot of users, but there were some who lost their Mini, bricked, because Ninebot with the help of (pdf from ioactive )  three "engineers" of IOACTIVE blocked access to his servers... (a big F.U to these 3 persons who did not discover anything, who just copied the methods of Denniss & Alexander)

Now, currents firmware have surely much improvments for battery life, BMS, Sensors etc...

@Invader ZOog, try to find someone in L.A, with a Mini current firmware and try it, make a ride with it and compare with your v111...

1 hour ago, zugu said:

Great @jojo33 to be so exhaustive and precise ;)

I think today it's not interesting try a downgrade, me i keep V117 with my Mini N3M240 (4132km with V117)

and i think now the best for a Mini rider is this upgrade from Russia, because sometimes in my both models (Mini & MIni Plus), in 7585km, i met dangerous situation where the Mini is too low,  and an accident may be had occurred sevreal times.

Mini in China was made for young people, young users, speed limit is restricted for these type of users, i think Ninebot don't imagine European and American buyers will be people between 30-55yo

Lucky you if you've found the Russian update.... at know we are writing an email to other staff due Swallowbot is still unavailable....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, zugu said:

Lucky you if you've found the Russian update.... at know we are writing an email to other staff due Swallowbot is still unavailable....:rolleyes:

i have not yet upgrade
but i think it will be good for users

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

i have not yet upgrade
but i think it will be good for users

We almost ALL would  have the desire  and think that the Russian upgrade should  be the right choice B) if only we can know where to get and buy......:sleep1::facepalm:

Just now, zugu said:

We almost ALL would  have the desire  and think that the Russian upgrade should  be the right choice B) if only we can know where to get and buy......:sleep1::facepalm:

ninebot run i think 

Archived