Unable to connect to MSuper X

Slartibartfast

I have just received a Gotway's MSuper X and am trying to workout how to connect to it with my Android smartphone.

I have downloaded both the app from here: http://www.kebye.com/content/?182.html

The First one "2) Android" simply crashed on start up saying "Gotway has stopped: Open app again" and the other "3) Android(2.0 Bluetooth) for MCM2S, Msuper, M5, Mten or older version" starts but won't connect saying "Please connect manually".

When I attempt to make a Bluetooth connection directly with the phone rather than through the app a device called "GotWay_20131" appears in the available devices however any attempts to connect are rejected, saying "Paring rejected by GotWay_20131".

What am I doing wrong?

• Try the latest old app from the download section here:
  • Try the new/social app, either the 2.13 apk or the 2.12 Nougat apkhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/gotway/files
  • Try Wheellog (Play Store or updated version from the forum thread here).
  • Enable GPS/location on your phone, this at one time prevented my apps from finding the wheel when it was disabled.

edit: Not sure what that crazy crap is that can be downloaded on kebye.com, doesn't look like real app, more like a placeholder.

The latest in a app from the download section seems to install and run fine, however it is now asking for my "gotway motor code". Any idea how I find this out?

The number stamped on the motor itself reads: 60V-1807XXXX8 HB C30

However I can not find a valid number using there characters. How exactly is the motor code represented?

It should work with just the 9 digits. That was what usually what got people off track. What app exactly did you download here? I don't see the new app (with the account requirement) here in the Downloads. I'm using the "Gotway 0213.apk" that can be found in the Facebook link.

You did click the "Download" button. If you visit the link instead (click title of the embed or the arrow in the top right corner), you'll see it says not to do that and click a link in the text instead for the correct app. This will be the no-account old version.

The new app can be found in the FB link.

Both should work with your msX.

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm using the one you linked to above. The file is called "Android161124-24Nov2016.apk"

Will try the Facebook link next ;)

There are links to the apps that I used on all of my wheels in the Description section of all my YouTube videos. See my signature below.

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You did click the "Download" button. If you visit the link instead (click title of the embed or the arrow in the top right corner), you'll see it says not to do that and click a link in the text instead for the correct app. This will be the no-account old version.

Arr, I did just click the main image rather than the arrow on the top corner.

Got it now (:

Thanks ?

Yeah, I did try to download the Facebook version but couldn't actually find the link. I think you must have to be a member of the group or something before the downloads become available. I have requested to join but the request is still awaiting approval.

I'll have another look at it when I get home this evening, that way I won't have to surreptitiously sneak on my phone ;)

Thanks for you help though. You've definitely got me on the right track ?

Archived