PSA: The Kingsong app is not compatible with Android 9 Pie

vgambit

I have version 1.42 of the Kingsong app. I tried updating when it said to update, but my Pixel 2 refused to run the apk, even after specifically enabling unknown sources in the phone's settings. I left well enough alone, because it worked fine; I could use the app, it would pair with my KS18-S, then I could open WheelLog to make sure my trip is logged.

Well, as of updating to the current version of Android this morning, when I try to run the app, the phone just says "Kingsong keeps stopping." I'm still unable to install the updated apk. 

I deleted the app, and the apk still doesn't work. I figured maybe there's something wrong with the apk I downloaded from the link the app routed me to, so I went to the kingsong site to download the latest one. I try to open it, my phone says "Can't open file."

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

@vgambit just tried the latest kingsong apk (version 1.50) and it still runs after updating to pie...

I had similar issues with Inmotion app. It worked fine before the update and after update. But due to me resetting options it lost all BT information and after that it just went downhill with connection problems. 

What I am saying is latest version might run fine, but may not be installable after an update. It is just a pure guess as I can't test this.

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I had similar issues with Inmotion app. It worked fine before the update and after update. But due to me resetting options it lost all BT information and after that it just went downhill with connection problems. 

What I am saying is latest version might run fine, but may not be installable after an update. It is just a pure guess as I can't test this.

Could be - i installed it before the update. Maybe it's just in because of some server problem with kingsong....

Archived