Mten3: 325wh vs 512wh

Sorry I turned this whole thread into a scooter vs EUC debate. I think EUCs are fun and I LOVED the Tesla. I sold it to a friend even though I really didn't want to so that he could have it. Top speed was attainable safely when you were on nice and flat ground with no cracks, rocks, or bumps. At slower speeds it can and does work fantastically and with the small size can easily fit between my legs on a bus.

On my Dualtron, I can accelerate through all those bumps without fear of falling or slipping unlike an EUC. So its average speed over a great distance through bumpy terrain is higher than an EUC thus making commuting with only the device a little faster.

I've ridden my Tesla home on the same route as my Dualtron and have seen a 15 minute reduction in commuting time over 10 miles. The EUC is more FUN to ride, but the Dualtron is FASTER. I hit 48 mph just yesterday.

But can we move on and stop this interruption. I believe the question was Mten3: 325wh vs 512wh. 

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I also recommend you get as big a battery pack as you can afford right off the bat.   The voltage drop is not necessarily linear, and having a higher voltage for most of your ride will give you better performance and a better experience (with a larger battery pack).  The mten3 is a great wheel running 84 volts, I like it a lot.  I have the 512 and would never consider the smaller battery packs to save a few bucks which I will regret down the line. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my son wants to get Mten as well, I will always/ only recommend 512wh, the price differance is minimal, if you look at it how long you will ride the wheel and if or when you'd need that extra power. Not to mention it on sale  now at eWheels, from $1000. to $997..........

Archived