New Gotway tesla models water resistant?

I saw that teslas are quite water resistant although driving any electric motor units through rainfall is not recommended.. The new tesla models now all have air holes beneath the headlights. What I am concerned about is whether its okay when water from rain, snow, splashes and etc go into these holes.. anyone who have tore their tesla down saw where these air holes lead to?

3 hours ago, 김도도 said:

I saw that teslas are quite water resistant although driving any electric motor units through rainfall is not recommended.. The new tesla models now all have air holes beneath the headlights. What I am concerned about is whether its okay when water from rain, snow, splashes and etc go into these holes.. anyone who have tore their tesla down saw where these air holes lead to?

the tesla models have always had holes under the light.

i have opened my tesla a few times new and i can conclude that the shell is very water resistant a little silicone here and there would help but it is very nicely sealed, if water got into the holes it would need to travel upwards to reach anything. and te rest of the design is so that water needs to travel upwards. and i think the surface tension on these small holes would be to big for water to go thourgh the holes,

about the electric motor itself it should be very "water proof" i mean it gets exposed to any water the wheel comes in contact with os that part probably not worry about that

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

i have opened my tesla a few times new and i can conclude that the shell is very water resistant a little silicone here and there would help but it is very nicely sealed, if water got into the holes it would need to travel upwards to reach anything. and te rest of the design is so that water needs to travel upwards. and i think the surface tension on these small holes would be to big for water to go thourgh the holes,

about the electric motor itself it should be very "water proof" i mean it gets exposed to any water the wheel comes in contact with os that part probably not worry about that

Thanks for the reply. They did not have holes under the light for the early first models. not sure exactly from which month they started applying the holes but I can assure that the holes werent there for the first ones. You can see the earliest reviews and videos of teslas that have no air holes.

Its good to hear that holes have no influence on water resistance! And about electric motors I was quoting from a unicycle professinal that does all the fixing and ordering the units for ppl in electric unicycle community here.. He said its never a good idea to drive your electric unit in the rain purposedly and he commented about significant differences he found between wheels that were used frequently in rains, snows etc and ones that were not.

Especially with Gotway, we need to take more precautions becos they never comment about dust and water resistance level officially(They are not confident). The test shown on the Youtube are tests without promise for future. Motors in the units are not 100percent watetproof. It should withstand some of course but too much or frequent riding in rains etc are said to have negative impacts.

1 hour ago, 김도도 said:

Motors in the units are not 100percent watetproof. It should withstand some of course but too much or frequent riding in rains etc are said to have negative impacts.

That's right! Here were already some photos of motor interior of fully submerging the wheel...

28 minutes ago, Chriull said:

That's right! Here were already some photos of motor interior of fully submerging the wheel...

Yip, correct!

The rim itself should be water resistant. Problem is the axle. When water gets in there, the bearings are destroyed AND the water runs inside on the magnets.

I have some nice photos of a restored ACM Motor, which only was for 20-30 seconds in the water....totally rusted and Needs a complete overwork.

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Nope, the first models did not.

That was something that we beta testers found out for GW. Beside the holes, Also the Plastik side pad with Motor wire protection and the rubber pads where changed on later Tesla's.

1 hour ago, 김도도 said:

Thanks for the reply. They did not have holes under the light for the early first models. not sure exactly from which month they started applying the holes but I can assure that the holes werent there for the first ones. You can see the earliest reviews and videos of teslas that have no air holes.

yes i went to check for myself and yes i think the first batches didnt have holes, im happy i also got my tesla later because the even earlier models had very small padding. and i have some issues with my knees while riding euc they hurt when i ben them, and also other problems. doctor saids my knees bend together, so i need to add extra padding to make them go more apart

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 2:17 PM, 김도도 said:

김도도 안녕하세요! Are you a Korean living in Korea?

I tried to send you a private message, but my account is not old enough send private messages (I think).  Anyway, I'm really interested in meeting other riders in 한국land. ?

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2018 at 3:56 PM, Scared of eucs said:

김도도 안녕하세요! Are you a Korean living in Korea?

I tried to send you a private message, but my account is not old enough send private messages (I think).  Anyway, I'm really interested in meeting other riders in 한국land. ?

Oh hello. Are you a 한국인 as well? You living in 한국 right now? Sry for late reply, I dont check this forum often..

Archived