Robotic SoloShot 3 Tracking Camera

Rehab1

Finally the Robotic Soloshot 3 tracking camera is almost ready for release. https://soloshot.com/ Sometimes you just need another set of hands to record video. If the SS can track a RC boat going over 80 MPH it can easy track an EUC. 

Convincing performance! Pretty impressive - thanks for posting!

Got a DJI osmo mobile, which supposedly can track moving objects, too. My problem: You have to mark the object to track on screen and the gimbal starts following it. So, setting up the camera to follow me on the wheel needs a second person to operate the cam to get it startet. That limits its utility quite a bit. In fact, I didn't get beyond the usual "try it out at home" experiments so far.

Any expert advise, how to trick that? I do have a cheap second android phone, which could act as a remote, but I have no idea how to set that up (the primary phone acting as camera must run the DJI Go app to enable tracking).

5 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Convincing performance! Pretty impressive - thanks for posting!

Got a DJI osmo mobile, which supposedly can track moving objects, too. My problem: You have to mark the object to track on screen and the gimbal starts following it. So, setting up the camera to follow me on the wheel needs a second person to operate the cam to get it startet. That limits its utility quite a bit. In fact, I didn't get beyond the usual "try it out at home" experiments so far.

Any expert advise, how to trick that? I do have a cheap second android phone, which could act as a remote, but I have no idea how to set that up (the primary phone acting as camera must run the DJI Go app to enable tracking).

Unfortunately I do not have any advice. Sorry. I have the osmo mobile as well but there are so many limitations including a second person to get it started.

The Soloshot 1 and 2 had numerous issues tracking an object so I never purchased either one but the SS3 appears to be a solid design. I also like the automatic zoom and slow mo features.  SS is taking their time releasing the 3rd generation camera but that's OK. I believe it will worth the wait. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 7:08 AM, Rehab1 said:

Finally the Robotic Soloshot 3 tracking camera is almost ready for release. https://soloshot.com/ Sometimes you just need another set of hands to record video. If the SS can track a RC boat going over 80 MPH it can easy track an EUC. 

I use my DJI Spark for this, which tracks moving object ... it's best to be in sunlight, with contrasting colors (e.g., a bright red shirt in green fields).  You can send it off into the sky yourself; so for EUCs it seems the more convenient solution for pix and videos.  The Soloshot is a better camera, with I presume auto-telephoto capabilities ... but I think having a drone follow you is a more flexible solution, and the Spark's picture quality is more than enough for me ... and the prices are comparable ~$800 for the system

21 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

I use my DJI Spark for this, which tracks moving object ... it's best to be in sunlight, with contrasting colors (e.g., a bright red shirt in green fields).  You can send it off into the sky yourself; so for EUCs it seems the more convenient solution for pix and videos.  The Soloshot is a better camera, with I presume auto-telephoto capabilities ... but I think having a drone follow you is a more flexible solution, and the Spark's picture quality is more than enough for me ... and the prices are comparable ~$800 for the system

Yes my Mavic and Hover Passport Camera will also do the same but they do not have the telephoto capabilities. I like the idea of using it for recording water activities without having to worry if the drone's  battery is getting low. Also recording distance shots will be fun using the auto telephoto lens.  I also plan to attach the tracker to my dogs as the play Frisbee . Should be fun! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Playing catch with my dog Cooper today. There were some focus issues at times when Cooper transitioned between the bright sun light and shadows of the trees. 

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Playing catch with my dog Cooper today. There were some focus issues at times when Cooper transitioned between the bright sun light and shadows of the trees. 

It really has the effect of someone filming you. Very cool.

Archived