Sat Morning Dodger stadium street/park ride 8/5/17

Stan Onymous

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Near the end of our ride we stopped at the LA Police Academy Cafe for lunch. From left: me, @YoshiSkySun, @Stan Onymous, and @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer

IMG_20170805_112627339_HDR

This is what i was talking about when i asked to stop at a starbucks or something during our past ridings lol. It's not about feeding the rest of group but for even more enjoyable riding you know?!

hope you all had fun :)

I want to thank everyone who came out today. @Mushuukyou @Marty Backe @YoshiSkySun @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer Totally enjoyed all from the mistaken meet up point in Lilac Terrace (1149 is less than 1200, which the sign said where these guys parked) to the Police Academy Cafe and World Team expo going on and armed, to the flat tire in front of the home depot near where the surfing baby used to surf.     Hey do you think the surfing baby vandals are onto us.  You got the wrong one vandals. We are onto you. The arroyo Seco lost journey was fun and persistent. No homeless squatters were harmed during our no trespassing ventures and presumably all arrived to their final destinations. Congrats and lets do a lot more of these.

Yoshi's tire got fixed, beer was drunk, ordered from a bicycle cafe which also let us pump up Yoshi's tire. All in all great day, good conversation, and not nearly as hot as I feared.

image.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I want to thank everyone who came out today. @Mushuukyou @Marty Backe @YoshiSkySun @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer Totally enjoyed all from the mistaken meet up point in Lilac Terrace (1149 is less than 1200, which the sign said where these guys parked) to the Police Academy Cafe and World Team expo going on and armed, to the flat tire in front of the home depot near where the surfing baby used to surf.     Hey do you think the surfing baby vandals are onto us.  You got the wrong one vandals. We are onto you. The arroyo Seco lost journey was fun and persistent. No homeless squatters were harmed during our no trespassing ventures and presumably all arrived to their final destinations. Congrats and lets do a lot more of these.

Yoshi's tire got fixed, beer was drunk, ordered from a bicycle cafe which also let us pump up Yoshi's tire. All in all great day, good conversation, and not nearly as hot as I feared.

image.jpeg

That was a great summary. I really enjoyed the ride, and lunch :cheers:  Many more to come ...

On 8/5/2017 at 8:46 PM, Marty Backe said:

That was a great summary. I really enjoyed the ride, and lunch :cheers:  Many more to come ...

The only downside of the ride was the fact that they DO NOT have any DONUTS at the Police Academy Cafe.I believe the may be enough to cause a rip in the space-time continuum!:o

I said it in the last thread, but I will post it again. @Marty Backe rocks the world for doing this for us on the ride! Everyone I showed it to loved the music too. Whats the word he sings before coupe in that last song? ? 

I have done a ton more ramp riding on the LA river now that I found out I could do it. ? We can do more on the LA river ride the next time.

47 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I said it in the last thread, but I will post it again. @Marty Backe rocks the world for doing this for us on the ride! Everyone I showed it to loved the music too. Whats the word he sings before coupe in that last song? ? 

I have done a ton more ramp riding on the LA river now that I found out I could do it. ? We can do more on the LA river ride the next time.

Thanks again Bill. I'm glad you really like the video. It was a fun ride.

That last song is by Josh Woodward and is called "Nincompoop" :D It's a catchy tune.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the Google Earth tours for the ride. Part 1 is the primary ride and Part 2 picks up after our lunch break.

Dodger Stadium Group Ride - Part 1 - 05Aug2017.kmz

Dodger Stadium Group Ride - Part 2 - 05Aug2017.kmz

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here are the Google Earth tours for the ride. Part 1 is the primary ride and Part 2 picks up after our lunch break.

Dodger Stadium Group Ride - Part 1 - 05Aug2017.kmz

Dodger Stadium Group Ride - Part 2 - 05Aug2017.kmz

Thanks Marty, this is a great tool to show how incredible these machines are. It is stunning to see how much ground we covered on that ride.

That Google maps function  is terrific. Was that from your camera? I cant wait till my camera arrives. It missed my Monterey trip, but I will make a video log from my phone which I will post on Tuesday. My Saturday ride up here will be monumental and car filled.

also met up with a KS16s rider named Sash who went to Kingsong in China to pick his up. I was the first EUC rider he has seen in the USA. I was explaining to some gentlemen that the KS14c I was riding allowed one to annoy others with its magnificent bluetooth speakers. Just then up rides Sash blasting Pink Floyd. The gentlemen said "thats good music though". We agreed. It was another magical EUC moment. Lol. Coincidence, or act of the EUC Gods? ☄⚡️?

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Thanks Marty, this is a great tool to show how incredible these machines are. It is stunning to see how much ground we covered on that ride.

That Google maps function  is terrific. Was that from your camera? I cant wait till my camera arrives. It missed my Monterey trip, but I will make a video log from my phone which I will post on Tuesday. My Saturday ride up here will be monumental and car filled.

also met up with a KS16s rider named Sash who went to Kingsong in China to pick his up. I was the first EUC rider he has seen in the USA. I was explaining to some gentlemen that the KS14c I was riding allowed one to annoy others with its magnificent bluetooth speakers. Just then up rides Sash blasting Pink Floyd. The gentlemen said "thats good music though". We agreed. It was another magical EUC moment. Lol. Coincidence, or act of the EUC Gods? ☄⚡️?

Love that Pink Floyd story :D I hope you told Sash about the forum so that he can join us in the future.

Any device (certainly phone apps) that can record your GPS track should be able to export the file for import into Google Earth. I use a dedicated Garmin 60CS (older model) to record all of my rides. And I can store 20 routes and other maps in there too. It's better than the phone because it doesn't drain your phone battery.

4185D4WBEWL.jpg

Enjoy your Monterey trip :thumbup:

Archived