KS16B and tyre mad mike 16x2.125

EricGhost

After 5-400 km/KS app with my new tyre mad mike 16x2.125 I would like to inform you of the main improvement/benefit of such a tyre.

Do you guess ... .. maybe the off-road ?

No even if on gravel and grass the stability is improved the most appreciated benefit of such a tyre is .... "shock absorption"!!

Yes all those small cracks in the road, the cobblestones, small holes, .. etc etc those discontinuities that with the previous Kenda tyre at 3.8 bar were a direct punch on my knees, now at 2.8 bar with a softer rubber are less so much less  that I appreciate the reduction in the hits.

No stability issues, such as the wobbling that people wrote to avoid by making your tyre stone

Maybe a different feeling at the beginnings, but I've 2500km/KS app when I changed the tyre, so the missing wobbling due to not a stone tyre is due to the high feeling that now I have with my wheel

The only cons is maybe the tyre consumption as the softer  rubber I think will not last the 2500 km/ KS app 

19 hours ago, EricGhost said:

now at 2.8 bar with a softer rubber are less so much less  that I appreciate the reduction in the hits.

Is the lower tyre pressure reducing your range or does this tyre seem to have lower rolling resistance even at the lower pressure?

The "trend" from wheelies in Asia/Singapur is to install a 2.50 tire on the KS16 or 16S.....seen this quite often now!

Makes it even more stable and secure.....the only disadvantage: You have to Clip of a bit of the Shell!

58 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Imho there exists no tire on an EUC which is rated for rider+wheel weight...

Yet some of them last for thousands of kilometers by the testimony of riders on these forums.

Do you feel they are coming out on the lucky side of a gamble that is not likely to go so well for most riders in the long run?  

5 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Yet some of them last for thousands of kilometers by the testimony of riders on these forums.

Do you feel they are coming out on the lucky side of a gamble that is not likely to go so well for most riders in the long run?  

I guess he was just reffering to the official Rating.....as all tires are produced for bikes/e-bikes, they are just rated lower!

Never heard of tire failures like blasting...i think they just wear out faster with the more weight?!

7 hours ago, OneWheeler said:

Schwalbe rates this tire with max. 55 kg. I hope you are not to heavy for it.

Well I'm 90 kg + 17 of ks16B, there is the Kevlar one I did not check the weight limit (I trusted an old post of @Blunzn) but  as I wrote 400 km with many small bumps so far ..... so good

6 hours ago, Keith said:

Is the lower tyre pressure reducing your range or does this tyre seem to have lower rolling resistance even at the lower pressure?

Honestly I do not appreciate any difference, what I checked is that if I put higher pressures 3.0 or 3.2 bar after one ride it goes back to 2.6-2.8 and then it is stable for weeks. 

Archived