SAFE Hoverboard?

Sbauer9

Ok hello guys I'm new here. I have been looking to get a Hoverboard for a while now. As you know, it takes tons of research to find the right one. I was going to buy one today until I saw in the news that one of that model had blown up while charging (Swagway). So I'm tired of research. Price isn't really a factor. Prefer a name brand

I think that the hovertrax would be the safest, since it is the only one that is actually different, and made by the same people that made the original solowheel. But it is also one of the most expensive ones.. 

http://store.inventist.com/store/p/27-Hovertrax.aspx

Other than that they are all basically the same thing. 

The Ninebot Mini certainly counts as different - functionally similar to a hoverboard in that it has two wheels but functionally clearly different too because of both the steering difference and the larger wheels making it likely more practical if you are looking to use it beyond a toy. And it has the Ninebot brand behind it.

A lot depends on what you'd actually want to use your machine for.

Yeah, the Ninebot one (mini-segway) is very different because you steer with the legs and not the feet. You will probably find it less agile than the typical hoverboard (whatever the brand) which uses the "pedals" to steer. However, this also implies that the Ninebot Mini will be more stable going over speedbumps and such since you don't have to worry about the separate foot sections not going over in perfect unison. (and thus potentially causing falls)

I actually think the Ninebot Mini will be easier for beginners since you don't have to spend energy just trying to keep both pedals in sync to go straight! As for wheel size, the 10 inch hovers are just barely smaller than Ninebot's 10.5 inch. So that's not a big issue. I personally think the Hovertrax clones look cooler minus the steering column and will probably be more fun! But OTOH, the cases of fires with the generic hoverboards kind of have me worried.. perhaps Ninebot will be safer bet. Haha

http://www.inexpensiveboards.com/what_you_must_know_before_purchasing_a_hoverboard/

This article explains what is the difference between boards that are being sold by well known brands, and those that are being sold by Aliexpress or any other Chinese websites. Furthermore, educates how to find a decent one for a good price.

For me personally it was very informative.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2015 at 5:17 AM, Sbauer9 said:

Ok hello guys I'm new here. I have been looking to get a Hoverboard for a while now. As you know, it takes tons of research to find the right one. I was going to buy one today until I saw in the news that one of that model had blown up while charging (Swagway). So I'm tired of research. Price isn't really a factor. Prefer a name brand

For safe Hoverboards, I believe Amazon has been secretly removing unsafe hoverboards. so the brands left there are Razor, Jetsons and IOhawk. Phunkeeduck has been named one of those hoverboards that caught fire.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kenz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ya!!! Somewhat you are right that sometime explosion in hoverboard can cause you serious damage but that's something that dosen't happen too oftenly..It's not a case where you will find every 1 out of 3 hoverbaord exploding because of some failure..some we need to take precautions especially when you are a hoverboard noob!! Well sometimes buying a good hoverboard is also a precaution...i would suggest you to go for swagtron t3. That's a good one and you can give it a shot!!!

On 22/05/2017 at 10:18 AM, chriskyle said:

.i would suggest you to go for swagtron t3. That's a good one and you can give it a shot!!!

Yes, but even they are beginning to realise that electric unicycles, not hoverboards, are the future: http://www.besthoverboardbrands.org/swagroller-swagtron-electric-unicycle-review-a-ul-2272-electric-unicycle-with-swag/

Now if only they can get past their fixation with two wheels .................

Archived